Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Fixed] CargoOps: Pickups can't be canceled.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Fixed] CargoOps: Pickups can't be canceled. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Fixed] CargoOps: Pickups can't be canceled. - 6/5/2020 3:27:35 AM   
KnightHawk75

Been meaning to report this one.

If you assign a cargo capable unit(namely helo\tiltwing) to do a pickup and it passes validation and take the job, one can not then unassigned it from that duty. One can distract the unit temp with other waypoints, but if you um-assign it, or even RTB it, it will go right back to attempting the pickup, even after rtb'ing and later taking off again.

Only two ways to stop it. Have another unit get to picking up the unit first (there by either removing the original unit - or emptying it if it's not the type to auto delete upon no mounts after pickup aka civilians with personnel mounts). Two, delete the unit that was going to be picked up or force it to pickup something else closer first and fill itself up first, then it'll abort cause no more room.

Attached Scene demonstrates the problem clearly.

There is a also second closely related I think pick-up issue that one can simulate with the attached:
If you say are picking up 3 people, tell it to pick up first,then second, then third, they'll get queued (you can't see it but it happens). But after the first pickup is done, then just use 'unload cargo' and it'll stop drop and during what should be dropping #1 (or everything on board), it will instead magically pick the next person from 20nm (or 100nm) away, you can then repeat the process for #3. It will not actually do a drop while it has things in the pickup queue. Only when it's done or when it's full does it actually respond to unload. I Simulated this easily with 'A-Team' unit in the sample picking up each of the 3 people without having to actually get near the other two.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Steve McClaire -- 12/16/2020 8:05:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: [Logged] CargoOps: Pickups can't be canceled. - 6/6/2020 11:07:56 PM   
Rory Noonan

Logged for investigation.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 2
RE: [Logged] CargoOps: Pickups can't be canceled. - 12/16/2020 8:04:55 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Fixed for the next update -- cargo pickup targets will be cleared when you 'Unassign' a unit.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 3
RE: [Logged] CargoOps: Pickups can't be canceled. - 12/17/2020 12:22:41 PM   
KnightHawk75

Thanks Steve.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Fixed] CargoOps: Pickups can't be canceled. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI