Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japan issues after SU play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Japan issues after SU play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japan issues after SU play - 6/2/2020 1:59:21 PM   
Xsillione

Played a solo Soviet run at veteran difficulty, and japan had some issues:

1. Japan did nothing after Siberian troops removed 100%, there should be some limit for this action against the AI. Simple solution would be stoppi9ng the Vladivostok route if no units near the Japan-SU border, trickier would be a chance that the Japan AI DOW on SU or some event that takes the border territories or something.

2. Liberation of China. After Peking got liberated, China moved its capital there, and the SU supply went from good to terribly, since no cooperation between China and SU, which is alright in most case, but in this case, CHina got completely occupied and surrendered, they might want the Soviets help, and not stop the liberation of their country with limiting the supply. Not sure how could this be done, but it was really annoying, maybe an option for the Soviet player to not liberate China, but occupy it for the Soviets or the Communist China, that turned over the Soviets.

3. Similar suply issues in the Japanese landings. A Single US unit managed to land after the Soviets already landed in northern Japan, but the small territories and the no cooperation meant, that the landed unit (an HQ) just took over the hex and limited the supplies for the soviet troops, and did nothing useful. While could disband and "retake" the control of the hex from the US to SU, it was interesting to got worse position by friendly landing. Not sure how could this be solved, if anything needs to be solved, maybe it is just the preparation for the post war conflict.
Post #: 1
RE: Japan issues after SU play - 6/2/2020 2:41:01 PM   
Bo Rearguard

During my solo game as the Soviet Union I recalling building some warships in Vladivostok to use in support of my invasion of Manchuria and China. I constantly had to shove US ships out of the way in Vladivostok in order to deploy and resupply Soviet ships. The Allied navies pretty much hog every port you take as the Russians on the Chinese and Korean coasts as well.

I know it can work both ways, but given Stalin's well-known paranoia of the West I do find this level of inter Allied co-oping of each others facilities a little hard to swallow.

(in reply to Xsillione)
Post #: 2
RE: Japan issues after SU play - 6/2/2020 4:55:11 PM   
Elessar2

Allied subs often dock at Vlad. to resupply. In reality they would likely end up interned, their subs confiscated (and examined very carefully).

(in reply to Bo Rearguard)
Post #: 3
RE: Japan issues after SU play - 6/2/2020 5:32:27 PM   
eightroomofelixir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xsillione
After Peking got liberated, China moved its capital there.

Don't know this situation before, but it is kind of unrealistic - Chiang would never move his capitol into north. The retaken capital of Nationalist China should be Nanjing/Nanking.

No conquest without labor.

(in reply to Xsillione)
Post #: 4
RE: Japan issues after SU play - 6/2/2020 5:33:23 PM   
Nami Koshino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elessar2

Allied subs often dock at Vlad. to resupply. In reality they would likely end up interned, their subs confiscated (and examined very carefully).

That's basically how the Soviet Tupolev-4 postwar bomber came to be. Three U.S. B-29 Superfortress bombers made forced landings in Vladivostok in 1944. The aircrews were returned but not the planes. Stalin's aviation engineers eventually stripped the planes down rivet-by-rivet to reverse engineer their own aircraft capable of carrying an atomic bomb.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Japan issues after SU play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI