Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship class upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ship class upgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship class upgrades - 6/2/2020 1:52:33 PM   
NiclasCage

So, looking at ID 001 through ID 005, King George V.

ID 001 has month = 12, year = 41 and upgrade = 2. I suppose this means that this ship class is available from Dec 1941 and when it is upgraded it will upgrade to ID 002.

ID 002 has month = 1, year = 42 and upgrade = 3. Does this mean that ships with class 001 can upgrade to this class in Jan 1942?

Then we come to ID 003 and ID 004. ID 003 has upgrade = 4, which seems logical. ID 004 however, also has upgrade = 4. And the last of the King George Class V, ID 005 has upgrade = 5. Unless I am not understanding something here, it seems like ID 004 can never upgrade to ID 005.

Looking at other ships in series, like Kent and Queen Elizabeth, each ship class upgrades to the next.

Then there are others like Dido (ID 061 through 065) which messes with my head again, upgrading ID 061 to 062, but then ID 062 upgrades to ID 062. ID 063 upgrades to ID 064, but ID 064 upgrades to itself - ID 064. No path seems to go to ID 065.

How does this work?

< Message edited by NiclasCage -- 6/2/2020 2:03:25 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Ship class upgrades - 6/2/2020 2:47:51 PM   
Kull

Coincidentally, I posted this "error" a few days ago, but LST set the record straight:

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

1) Ship Class ID-4: King George V (BB) - There are 5 database line items, and all upgrade correctly except #4, which upgrades to itself (thus breaking the link to ID-5)

Not sure it is an error. #4 and #5 have same upgrade date 2/44. Note they have different displacements. POW can upgrade from #1 through #4, KGV arrives as #4, but Howe, Anson and Duke of York arrive as #5. Guess these are two sub-groups of the KGV class.

And in fact you see this with a few other ship types, although it's most prevalent with BBs. For example, the New Mexico class has three ships, and each one has a different upgrade path! There are some errors here and there, but the KGV class does not appear to be one of them.

(in reply to NiclasCage)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship class upgrades - 6/2/2020 3:48:31 PM   
NiclasCage

Ok, thanks. Is there an easy way to check which ships use a certain ship class through the editor?

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship class upgrades - 6/2/2020 4:11:10 PM   
Kull

Not that I'm aware of, other than going through the "ships" tab one line at a time. Probably your best bet is to load a scenario up in Tracker and then pull off a csv file for the ships. I use my set-up spreadsheets, but they aren't optimal since the data is in two different tabs on two different workbooks (plus it's based off a Scenario 1 data pull, and the ships can vary, especially in the enhanced scenarios).

(in reply to NiclasCage)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ship class upgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI