Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italian Strategies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Italian Strategies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italian Strategies - 5/31/2020 2:05:06 PM   
scout1

Wondering what to do with the Italians early in the game, before the fall of France ?

Move assets to North Africa to pre-place them for free ?
Other ?
Post #: 1
RE: Italian Strategies - 5/31/2020 3:13:11 PM   
ncc1701e

I am building lots of Marine division and Small Infantry corps to protect all the ports that are unprotected.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2
RE: Italian Strategies - 5/31/2020 4:38:22 PM   
baloo7777

I am doing similar to ncc1701c, including moving infantry around by rail to put them in defensive positions. Note that the French Alps are impassable for both sides, so you can use one of those small corps to garrison Genoa. I turn off reinforce/upgrade and put all I can on garrison duty.

JRR

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 3
RE: Italian Strategies - 5/31/2020 4:45:48 PM   
kennonlightfoot

I usually build one or two marine divisions and transports. First use is to take that port in Greece but later it gives the Italians the flexibility to strike anywhere in the Mediterranean if UK doesn't garrison every port. The treat is better than the result.

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 4
RE: Italian Strategies - 8/12/2020 12:12:50 AM   
boldairade

why did you guys build marines? i can't really see a use for them.

i understand they get less disorganized on a landing. but they are smaller and weaker than mountain or even regular corps.

vs any kind of opposition they seem to wilt.

it would seem more sturdy infantry formations are better?

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 5
RE: Italian Strategies - 8/12/2020 5:29:08 AM   
battlevonwar

Italians... It doesn't matter what you do with them, but building their own native Infantry to protect themselves is a bit a waste unless you're going to pack 'em in there. Using her Navy and building Marines? I don't see any use in that. Their Mnt. Inf are almost worth it. Her Navy is too small unless it's free in the Atlantic and with the Kriegsmarine and or has a ton of air cover to be useful. If Greece is a available she helps with that. Best thing you can do also is not try to lose her later in the game which can be a challenge.

You can go multiple routes with her. Build a bunch of CAS and support Germany. Build a Bunch of Armor and use them(though her armor is inherently worse than the Germans by XP) Really it's a Big Romania with an achilles heel, too much real estate that will let her surrender. Early on she is can help with Barbarossa or vs British. Later on she can defend less valuable sectors.

Italy = Germany's soft underbelly and oil drain! I think her NM should go up a tiny bit she is a little too easy to KO!

< Message edited by battlevonwar -- 8/12/2020 5:30:40 AM >

(in reply to boldairade)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Italian Strategies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI