Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Making my first scenario...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Making my first scenario... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Making my first scenario... - 5/31/2020 6:08:18 AM   
RedAss

Did the title drive you all away? Probably just what the vets hate, a noob in the wildnerness muddling his way through.

Especially when followed by the following statement:

"So, I'm dinking around with the Event Editor, and...."

But, I figure y'all have figured a lot of ways around things, so here I am. Couple questions:

1. Is there any way to accrue victory points based on how many strength points end up in a certain location? EX: "Germany will get 1 VP for every point of strength it moves to Helsinki by turn 22."

2. Is there an effective way to copy and paste a series of events that are enabled by other events, or insert an event into a series, that doesn't require going back and changing the numbers of the events because they've moved? EX: Event 9 was activated by event 4. Now I've moved three more events in, and event 4 is no longer the correct event.

3. It would seem that 24 B-25's bombing a bridge would have a better than 3% chance of hitting it. Can this be adjusted, or do I just have to artificially beef up the B-25's?

4. Can reinforcements be rail embarked upon arrival?

5. I get the calendar. However, I would love three 8-hour turns in a day (it's a month long scenario -- 12-hour turns won't do, and 6-hour turns makes it a 124 turn scenario). I realize I can just fake it, but is there a way for the calendar to be disabled so the WRONG date and time don't appear?

You'll only encourage me by answering these.
Post #: 1
RE: Making my first scenario... - 5/31/2020 7:21:23 AM   
Mark Breed

RedAss,

1. I do not know.
2. Yes, see pages 137-138 of the manual. There are copy and paste buttons that allow you to copy an event and, then, paste it in front of another event. This will automatically renumber the events. You can change the copied event in any way permissible after pasting it.
3. I assume that you are talking about changing the values assigned to the B-25's. This can be done in the Equipment Editor, see pages 129-130.
4. I do not believe that this is an option, but do not know for sure.
5. I do not know.

Regards,
Mark

(in reply to RedAss)
Post #: 2
RE: Making my first scenario... - 5/31/2020 7:27:24 AM   
sPzAbt653

1. No.
4. No.
5. No.

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 3
RE: Making my first scenario... - 6/1/2020 8:15:52 PM   
RedAss

Curses.

So if I want a 20% shance of storms EACH turn in a 100 turn game, does that mean I select "Turn Range of 100? Or do I have to create 100 events giving the chance of rain, and then cancel it each turn so it won't storm every turn in perpetuity once the 20% is reached in a turn?

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 4
RE: Making my first scenario... - 6/1/2020 11:56:38 PM   
Mark Breed

RedAss,

You would copy and paste the Storm Event 99 times. See pages 137 and 138 regarding Using the Event Editor to Create an Event List.

Regards,
Mark

(in reply to RedAss)
Post #: 5
RE: Making my first scenario... - 6/2/2020 2:29:34 AM   
sPzAbt653

See 'Event Loops' in that Evil Ed doc.

(in reply to RedAss)
Post #: 6
RE: Making my first scenario... - 6/2/2020 4:09:06 AM   
RedAss

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

See 'Event Loops' in that Evil Ed doc.

Good God, man, where do I find that document? I searched and this is the only mention....

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 7
RE: Making my first scenario... - 6/2/2020 5:50:26 AM   
larryfulkerson

I found a copy of it in my "manuals" folder and have attached it here below. Be my guest.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RedAss)
Post #: 8
RE: Making my first scenario... - 6/2/2020 6:24:27 AM   
RedAss

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

I found a copy of it in my "manuals" folder and have attached it here below. Be my guest.

When the name "Larryfulkerson" is invoked around my house, it will be with reverence. Thank you, good sir!

And by the way, after working on a scenario? I will play everyone else's with a little more appreciation.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 9
RE: Making my first scenario... - 6/2/2020 6:54:56 PM   
cathar1244

quote:

And by the way, after working on a scenario? I will play everyone else's with a little more appreciation.

Yes. You work on the scenario and the scenario works on you. Hugely creative endeavor. Good luck.

Cheers

(in reply to RedAss)
Post #: 10
RE: Making my first scenario... - 6/3/2020 12:44:23 AM   
RedAss

Okay, next question:

Have a lot of formations with two objectives. When I click "show formation path", it only shows the blue arrows to OBJ 2, not the red arrow to OBJ 1. And that's exactly what they do in testing. Manual is very thin on formation paths, but I THOUGHT the logic was headt to OBJ 1, then OBJ 2. When you retreat, do the opposite. Pretty strong feeling it's user error, but can't figure it out...

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 11
RE: Making my first scenario... - 9/18/2020 8:01:31 PM   
RedAss

EDIT: Nevermind, I am dumber than even I thought.

< Message edited by RedAss -- 9/18/2020 8:04:02 PM >

(in reply to RedAss)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Making my first scenario... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI