Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Neutral Mobilization and the Strategic Situation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Neutral Mobilization and the Strategic Situation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Neutral Mobilization and the Strategic Situation - 5/30/2020 6:49:59 PM   
mdsmall

Further to my previous post, does the AI take into the situation on the board when calculating if neutrals will shift in a given turn by a certain percentage towards one side or the other?

For example, in my last game, in 1916 Romania suddenly lurched 15% towards the Entente (as played by the AI) even though Bulgaria had joined the Central Powers the year before and Russia had just surrendered. What could have triggered that? Surely Russia's surrender would have strongly discouraged Romania from moving any closer to the Entente?

A more extreme case in the same game was with the USA. It had been progressively moving towards 100% mobilization, even though there were no German subs on the UK National Morale hexes. But it finally joined the Entente and entered the war on exactly the same turn as France surrendered and the Central Powers won a Major Victory. Surely, the USA would have paused before finally entering the war, given that it was evident on the board (one German corps next to Paris and an artillery unit already bombarding it) that France was about to fall?

Michael

< Message edited by mdsmall -- 5/30/2020 8:05:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Neutral Mobilization and the Strategic Situation - 6/1/2020 10:53:47 AM   
BillRunacre

It's very hard to build into the scripting or diplomacy feature an understanding of what might be about to happen, so there will be times when this sort of thing will happen, and others when they join at exactly the right time.

On the other hand look at Romania in 1916. If it had entered the war in 1914 or 1915 then things might have gone a lot better for the Entente in the east and Balkans, but instead they waited too late, and became more of a burden to the Russians than an asset.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Neutral Mobilization and the Strategic Situation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI