Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Resolved] Odd ship/submarine behavior

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Odd ship/submarine behavior Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Resolved] Odd ship/submarine behavior - 5/30/2020 5:10:46 AM   
Figeac

Hi,

I think I have encountered an odd situation. An allied ship has just found a subsurface contact with its sonars. It goes to the contact position and try to classify it, but I think that the sub (which must not have "avoid contact" doctrine) is trying to do the same with the ship contact he has just found. The result is that both units now keep endlessly cyrcling around each other, trying to reach each other's position.

Maybe a possible fix would be to set the AI to not go straight to the contact position to classify it, but somewhere nearby? Or after trying to classify a contact for some time without having success, just quit and go back to course?

Savegame attached. Thanks.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Steve McClaire -- 9/8/2020 3:40:25 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: [Logged] Odd ship/submarine behavior - 6/9/2020 3:48:35 AM   
Rory Noonan

Logged for investigation.

(in reply to Figeac)
Post #: 2
RE: [Logged] Odd ship/submarine behavior - 9/8/2020 3:40:02 PM   
Steve McClaire

Hi Figeac -- we've reviewed the save game and the behavior is expected. In this case it is a combination of the US DD trying to prosecute a sonar contact while the USSR sub is engaged offensive with the same DD but can't actually fire since they're only 'unfriendly.'

The spinning is something that might be visually improved in future versions but the basic behavior is two adversarial vessels aggressively squaring off with one another -- the sort of thing that caused collision incidents during the cold war.

(in reply to Figeac)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Odd ship/submarine behavior Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI