Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Function Request: Robust Aircraft Parking Area

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Function Request: Robust Aircraft Parking Area Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Function Request: Robust Aircraft Parking Area - 5/28/2020 4:54:14 AM   
aked23

I once made a scenario, of Airbase is under attack by enemy forces and aircraft in the airbase respond to that enemy who attacks. But When my aircraft returns, then there is no fuctional landing zone since enemy attack had destroyed aircraft parking slot.

I think we need either parking slot itself self-repair very quickly or parking slot that is nomally unlikely to lose its function by a normal (non anti- runway nor nuclear) attack, while the aircraft in that parking slot can be found by enemy recon and can be destroyed by parking slot attack.

< Message edited by apache85 -- 6/9/2020 3:48:41 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Function Request: Robust Aircraft Parking Area - 5/28/2020 3:57:21 PM   
ronmexico111

But isn't the point of attacking the tarmac spaces to destroy the area so aircraft can't be parked there? If those spaces can be made to repair very quickly then what would be the point in attacking them? A player would have to keep aircraft over the airfield 24/7 to continue attacking the spaces just to keep up with the repairs. That being said, you can destroy any ammo facilities at a given airfield and when planes land that still have ammunition loaded on their aircraft will lose their ammunition after landing and won't be able to get it back unless they fly to another airfield that still has functional ammo facilities.

"Never get out of the boat" Apocalypse Now

(in reply to aked23)
Post #: 2
RE: Function Request: Robust Aircraft Parking Area - 5/28/2020 4:00:02 PM   
ronmexico111

When mother nature attacks an airfield she doesn't mess around, of course she doesn't have access to cratering bombs either.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ronmexico111)
Post #: 3
RE: Function Request: Robust Aircraft Parking Area - 5/29/2020 8:25:28 AM   
KnightHawk75

I don't see the problem either, the enemy did exactly what you'd expect it would do for the just the reasons you're annoyed.

Now that said.. if you want to less the chance of that happening or quicken the repair time for a singular or class of units you have some options.
1.) Add more and tougher parking to the base ie..underground hangers or hardened hangers etc.. in the database look at the damage point and armor values. Or just use a single-unit airfield that are short of very specific cases are not attack-able. You could try setting those parking units to ACE proficiency, I might be wrong but it may marginally increase the speed of repair, if not - maybe that's a more useful feature request?.
2.) Script quicker repairs of all or particular tarmac\parking lot units either gradually over time via say every 12hr.
3.) Selectively let the player cheat and repair some units via a special action. You're not wrong that while the game will repair things over time it's a pretty long time. I think that's mostly a good thing, but in certain cases a bunch of concrete trucks filling in holes in parking spots or runways 12-24hr after being hit could be thing.

Attached is a script that does #3, place it in a special action, call it whatever you want, then just make sure it's enabled and repeatable. It could be adapted with some work for #2 where each pass you remove only some of the damage. This one will only work on units that have air-facilities,but you could remove those checks, or make them even more restrictive to just parking\tarmac spaces.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 5/29/2020 8:26:31 AM >

(in reply to aked23)
Post #: 4
RE: Function Request: Robust Aircraft Parking Area - 5/30/2020 1:54:33 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronmexico111

But isn't the point of attacking the tarmac spaces to destroy the area so aircraft can't be parked there? If those spaces can be made to repair very quickly then what would be the point in attacking them? A player would have to keep aircraft over the airfield 24/7 to continue attacking the spaces just to keep up with the repairs. That being said, you can destroy any ammo facilities at a given airfield and when planes land that still have ammunition loaded on their aircraft will lose their ammunition after landing and won't be able to get it back unless they fly to another airfield that still has functional ammo facilities.

If you have a save showing a landing plane losing its weapons and them not showing in the munitions of the airfield, I can investigate it.

Michael

Post #: 5
RE: Function Request: Robust Aircraft Parking Area - 5/30/2020 3:54:56 AM   
ronmexico111

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronmexico111

If you have a save showing a landing plane losing its weapons and them not showing in the munitions of the airfield, I can investigate it.

Ok. The aircraft in the air to the south of the base is already ordered to RTB. It will land carrying an air to air loadout. The airfield has had it's ammo facilities removed to simulate battle damage from an enemy strike. After completing it's landing the aircraft will no longer have it's air to air loadout and will revert to a reserve status, the armaments it landed with have simply disappeared with no way to recover them since the airfield no longer has facilities to store ammunition. The aircraft would have to fly to another airfield which had suitable weapons to load on the aircraft. I'm thinking this is just a limitation of the game system but I may be wrong, either way it would be a funny thing to do to an opponent if the opportunity presented itself. My save is attached.

Note: This is true for both CMO and CMANO.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ronmexico111 -- 5/30/2020 4:16:14 AM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 6
RE: Function Request: Robust Aircraft Parking Area - 6/9/2020 3:48:52 AM   
apache85

Logged for investigation.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Function Request: Robust Aircraft Parking Area Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI