Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Apologies to Bob Cross

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Apologies to Bob Cross Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Apologies to Bob Cross - 5/27/2020 11:59:44 PM   
Mark Breed

Bob,

I want to apologize for any inferences that I am unhappy with the work that you and others have done on TOAW IV in my recent posts. I believe that your work has made a very good game better.

My frustrations are due to my work on creating a large(?) scenario using the Event Editor. This is my first real attempt at scenario creation using the Event Editor. It feels like it becomes a guessing game as to how each of the event parameters work and that you can only use it by spending hours playtesting the events to find out how they work. Which is probably how you learned it. So, I am grateful whenever you shed your wisdom on my questions.

Please be patient with me and understand that I mean no offense.

Regards,
Mark
Post #: 1
RE: Apologies to Bob Cross - 5/28/2020 3:04:49 AM   
Curtis Lemay

You have nothing to apologize for.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 2
RE: Apologies to Bob Cross - 6/22/2020 1:26:20 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Bob,

I want to apologize for any inferences that I am unhappy with the work that you and others have done on TOAW IV in my recent posts. I believe that your work has made a very good game better.

My frustrations are due to my work on creating a large(?) scenario using the Event Editor. This is my first real attempt at scenario creation using the Event Editor. It feels like it becomes a guessing game as to how each of the event parameters work and that you can only use it by spending hours playtesting the events to find out how they work. Which is probably how you learned it. So, I am grateful whenever you shed your wisdom on my questions.

Please be patient with me and understand that I mean no offense.

Regards,
Mark

I like the way you wrote that. And I agree with you that the Event Editor could use some loving care. Maybe more statusline popup verbage describing how to use the item you're hovering over. Or maybe max and min limits for the item. Maybe a dialog pops up that illustrates how to use the particular event you're trying to enter parameters for. Wizards to building complicated events? These are just a few suggestions off the top of my head. And I too appreciate all of Bob's work.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 3
RE: Apologies to Bob Cross - 6/22/2020 2:07:43 AM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Breed
My frustrations are due to my work on creating a large(?) scenario using the Event Editor. This is my first real attempt at scenario creation using the Event Editor.

You might want to try my TOAW XML Editor; I added an event editor but never really got much feedback about it. While unfortunately it doesn't really provide more information about the various events (because I couldn't find it), at least for me it is easier to work with than the built-in editor.

Here is a link if you are interested:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4547880

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 4
RE: Apologies to Bob Cross - 6/26/2020 9:05:06 PM   
Mark Breed

76mm,

Thank you. I will be sure to check it out with my next scenario.

Regards,
Mark

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Apologies to Bob Cross Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI