Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Create an empty scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Create an empty scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Create an empty scenario - 5/27/2020 8:48:11 PM   
NiclasCage

Is this possible in some easy way? To start totally from scratch?
Post #: 1
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/27/2020 9:15:48 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: NiclasCage

Is this possible in some easy way? To start totally from scratch?

Sure it is. But I wouldn't recommend it, depending on what you are trying to do. It's easier just to start with scenario 1 and go from there....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to NiclasCage)
Post #: 2
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/27/2020 9:45:39 PM   
NiclasCage

How can I do it then? :)

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/27/2020 11:02:59 PM   
PaxMondo

save it to a new number above 50 … then play as you like. I've got at least 100 scen saved …

Pax

(in reply to NiclasCage)
Post #: 4
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/27/2020 11:34:51 PM   
NiclasCage

Not sure if this answers my question. I want to create a base scenario with no units in it, only bases. Preferably empty bases. There's no "New Scenario" option and I cannot load any of the empty ones in the list, so unless I'm missing something I have to load one of the existing ones and then manually delete every unit from the game. I hope there's a better solution out there.

Another quick question - why are some of the lines in the Locations-window blue?

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 5
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/28/2020 11:10:41 AM   
Andy Mac

It is doable download a scenerio to excel and wipe all the entries you don't want and then upload it back into the system

(in reply to NiclasCage)
Post #: 6
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/28/2020 12:25:07 PM   
Andy Mac

witploadae.EXE allows you to download a scen to excel the command line code is

witploadae.exe /e /s1 to export
witploadae.exe /i /s1 to import

It downloads all the data to 7 or 8 csv files that you can manipulate to your hearts content even if its just to delete data

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 7
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/28/2020 12:26:48 PM   
Andy Mac

the blue HQ are root HQs I am not sure if it is still vital but it used to be in the old AI - mess with them and it broke the AI now that its scripted not sure if that's as big an issue

Frankly don't know it may just be a carryover from WITP but I have to be honest I am not 100% certain

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 8
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/28/2020 12:43:20 PM   
NiclasCage

Thank you!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 9
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/28/2020 1:50:25 PM   
Kull

You'll want to use the latest version of WitPloadAE

(in reply to NiclasCage)
Post #: 10
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/28/2020 7:30:37 PM   
Andy Mac

NiclasCage what are you trying to achieve its hard to help without knowing what you are trying to do ?

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 11
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/28/2020 8:12:01 PM   
NiclasCage

I'd like to be able to setup different units and situations so I can more easily learn the basics of this game. Say I could create x number of units and supplies in a port and then quickly check load times with changing port levels. Or create a damaged ship in a port to learn how naval support influences repair times. Or check how effective supply is shipped to ground troops along roads in China. And so on and so forth. I can always do this with one of the current scenarios as well, but it would just be easier if I could remove all the other units. However, after spending some time with this today, I fear that I should just give up on this for the time being.

I've read the manual and I'm using the tracker but I still don't understand pretty much anything at all I feel. Just as an example - say I got a port with a listed Res Load Capacity of 50000. What does this mean? Is that a daily load capacity? Can I set up convoys in excess of 50000 load capacity if the ships don't load on the same day? Just one of 1000 things I don't understand at all.

I love the depth this game has, but where I normally can read/play and then understand at least most of the stuff going on after a couple of days, that's not the case at all with WitP. I thought I had been through the worst when I managed to play World in Flames, but this is a different beast. I don't have to know how to squeeze every drop of juice out of everything, but when feel as clueless as I do with this game I find it hard to stay interested.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 12
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/28/2020 8:41:13 PM   
Andy Mac

have you tried one or more of the small map scenarios

e.g. return to wake is a small scale scen or Marianas a bit more in depth

just a thought rather than creating a whole new one

or if you wantto pl;ay with land warfare battle of Burma ??

(in reply to NiclasCage)
Post #: 13
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/28/2020 9:00:03 PM   
Yaab

Loading of cargo/fuel is discussed in the manual p.125-126.

50,000 Res Load Capacity - that would be a port with a big number of Resource centers. In Tracker, Tacoma (USA) has 46,600 Resource load rate, because Tacoma has 620 Resource centers. As per manual, bases with lots of Refinery/Oil/Resource centers will augment the limit of what can be normally loaded in a day compared to bases with 0 Resource centers. To use those high loading rates, your cargo task forces (TFs) at Tacoma need to be docked there. As per Tracker, TFs tonnage cannot exceed 60,000 tonnes total in Tacoma. Since the biggest Allied cargo ships at start have 8100 cargo capacity, thus you can dock seven Empire L Largo class xAK ships, for total tonnage of 54,600 tonnes in Tacoma. But Tacoma's resources are not for her sole enjoyment, since the base is linked to the resources hungry CONUSA (Continental USA) economy, and so each day Tacoma has only 19,000 resources surplus. Thus your big ships will likely spend three days at Tacoma filling their 56,000 cargo capacity. If you want to spend just a day loading at Tacoma, send there 4 xAK ships with 4800 capacity and they will load completely in a day.

BTW, no-one move resources in this game, since resources are pushed by the game code automatically. They move overland to bases with LI/HI which need resources. Unused resources pile up in the biggest port in a given, closed economy (Sorebaja on Java, Bombay in India etc) There are some islands though ( Nauru ) that produce a lot of Resources which can be shipped to be used elsewhere.

Hope it helps.

< Message edited by Yaab -- 5/28/2020 9:01:07 PM >

(in reply to NiclasCage)
Post #: 14
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/28/2020 10:34:59 PM   
NiclasCage

Probably a good idea Andy Mac. I'll take a look at them.

Yaab - what is the math behind 620 Resource centers = 46600 Resource load rate? I can see that both numbers are correct in my game, but I can't make any sense out of them. And where do you see the 19000 surplus? Also, if I check tracker and put in Pearl Harbor as loading port I get a Res Port Load of a whooping 73600 tons, but Pearl only has 40 Resource centers. And if I'm not mistaken the industry at Pearl Harbor would use up all the resources created there, yet the Res Ship Load is 3600 tons...?

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 15
RE: Create an empty scenario - 5/29/2020 8:28:05 AM   
Yaab

Look at the last paragraph on p. 126 in the manual-LIGHT and the first paragraph on p.127. I cannot give you the math behind it, since I am not a native user of English, and I find the paragraph in the manual convoluted. Anyway, Pearl Harbor is port 7, and its daily cargo limit for should be 72,800 cargo points (as per the manual table), but since PH (Pearl Harbor) has 40 Resource centers it gets a bonus to its daily cargo total, and thus PH's limit jumps to 73,600 cargo points. It is so, because Resources count toward cargo (troops, supply, resources) limit, and not fuel (fuel/oil) limit. All I know, more Resource center is better. Mind you, base screen does not show port daily limits, so you have to consult the manual table, and the manual table does not include the augmented limits. The augmented limits can be found in Tracker.

As for measuring daily surpluses, you can run the grand campaign for a few turns and check Tacoma stocks on each turn by clicking on the base hex, and load that information via save games into Tracker. Second best Allied base on the map to load resources is Sale in south Australia.

BTW, it is Allied players who do not have to move resources by ships. Jap players have resources deficit in the Home Islands, and thus they ship resources from China, Hokkaido and through the Magic Highway at Fusan (ask Pax Mondo for details).

BTW 2, please post such questions in the game's General forum.

< Message edited by Yaab -- 5/29/2020 9:51:52 AM >

(in reply to NiclasCage)
Post #: 16
RE: Create an empty scenario - 6/8/2020 8:59:53 AM   
morphin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

But newest one is Version 9.0, isn't it?
It comes with the beta2 (on the beta2 folder)

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 17
RE: Create an empty scenario - 6/15/2020 7:18:00 PM   
NiclasCage

I found an easy way to delete everything, so that part's taken care of. Regarding the blue lines for HQs under Locations - those HQs have bases attached to them. It looks like the bases can be transferred to "white line" HQs and the line will stay white, so I guess it's just marked by the game designers. Whether it messes with the AI scripts I don't know.

EDIT: Never mind the last point. It might be true but having looked more at it I'm not so sure.

< Message edited by NiclasCage -- 6/15/2020 8:48:34 PM >

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 18
RE: Create an empty scenario - 6/15/2020 8:52:00 PM   
Andy Mac

to be clear if you start from scratch with the base file or the land unit file or the air group file you will need to rewrite the AI from scratch

(in reply to NiclasCage)
Post #: 19
RE: Create an empty scenario - 6/16/2020 3:03:02 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: morphin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

But newest one is Version 9.0, isn't it?
It comes with the beta2 (on the beta2 folder)

Good call, I hadn't noticed that there was an update (1/19/2013) included with the last Beta. Of course that means downloading the Beta is no longer optional, at least for those who plan to perform scenario data manipulation. Unfortunately it doesn't eliminate the element of confusion in this area because the original WitPloadAE is still present in the SCEN folder (the default location), so most people will mistakenly assume that's the correct one. Really a shame that it wasn't part of the official patch released in 2015.

Also worth noting that WitploadAE does not address the AI files. For that you need WitPloadAI which is also included in the Beta download. There's a brief discussion on that in this thread. PaxMondo raises an interesting point in that he uses it to update AI scripts mid-game, which would obviously improve AI performance significantly in the late game, where typically the AI is much less capable.

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 20
RE: Create an empty scenario - 6/16/2020 4:55:55 PM   
Kull

The first post in my earlier linked thread is for WitPloadAE v8.5, and although that has been surpassed by v9.0, it contains a file from JWE giving the specifics on how to properly implement the four new "Secondary" fields. I haven't seen this anywhere else and it is not part of the other updated WitPloadAE downloads, so for the record, here's the text:

quote:

There are a couple of new fields for each device;
"Sec_Attr", "Sec_Eff", "Sec_Pen", "Sec_Acc"

Sec_Attr
This is a secondary attributes field. Its values are '1' and '2' of which only '2' has meaning to the game at the moment.
A value of 2, means that this device has a secondary function of Anti-Air, which implies that the primary function of the device is as an Anti-Surface type. eg DP gun
A value of 1, means that this device has a secondary function of Anti-Surface, which implies that the primary function of the device is as an Anti-Air type. eg Flak gun

Sec_Eff, Sec_Pen, Sec_Acc
These are the secondary values for effect, penetration and accuracy respectively as per the main values.

For the flak routines, if a device has a secondary function of Anti-Air, it will use the "Sec_" values rather than the normal main values in the calculations.
In the case of the DP for instance, you can set up devices to use different values in the AAA calcs than are used in the naval surface actions.

By default, if the secondary attribute is not on, then the normal values are used which would adjust the DP rating for AAA.

If you add a secondary attribute (1, or 2) and don’t put in any secondary data, you are screwed. The default is then ‘0’ and nothing will function.

Nothing here says what should go into the secondary data fields. They are there for your modding convenience and if you break it, it is your nickel.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Create an empty scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI