Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Going down in flames - BlitzimX(A) vs. Hoplosternum (J) - Allied Side

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Going down in flames - BlitzimX(A) vs. Hoplosternum (J) - Allied Side Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Going down in flames - BlitzimX(A) vs. Hoplosternum... - 9/25/2020 7:37:56 PM   
BBfanboy

About the Pensacola TF - look carefully at the fuel they have left before deciding to move the TF further. High speed runs use fuel at a tremendous rate and there is not much fuel available in the area for them to get refilled. The figures at the top for TF range should tell you if you have enough to get back to current home port.

If you can avoid taking fuel from Australia, that is the best thing because your Carriers will likely need some of that before you get fuel there in good quantity. Move fuel to Baker Island or at least Christmas Island to provide some minimal refueling for ships trying to make it to PH. Refueling at those spots should be "minimal refuel" to stretch out the fuel stocks as long as possible. It is dangerous for tankers to go deep into SOPAC in early 1942. Japanese subs will stake out many of the key ports, and sometimes drop mines.

About the armoured units in India - it is a mistake to set all of them to take reinforcements and upgrades at the same time. You will end up with many very weak units because the pools of devices are not good enough to satisfy the demand. Pick out a couple of the best-experienced, best-lead units and leave them to take the upgrades and replacements, and set the rest to no upgrade/no replacements. Monitor your pools a couple of times each month and if you are getting a buildup of needed devices, select a few more units to take them. Management of pools is a key part of the game until you start to get lots of everything.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to BlitzimX)
Post #: 121
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Going down in flames - BlitzimX(A) vs. Hoplosternum (J) - Allied Side Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI