Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Event Effects

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Event Effects Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Event Effects - 6/1/2020 4:54:40 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

OK Lobster, I apologize if I was rude. Bad day I guess.

So please forgive me - it's not your fault for me having a bad day LOL or bad year LOL in mafia state called whatever.

You are right in that regard that Turkey had no real interest to side with anyone in World War 2.

My ancestors fought both Nazis and Russians in WW1. I know one thing, Russian dream since fall of Constantinople was to size Turkish straits. There are many things and interest but mainly their dream is to conquer Istanbul and install their church and religion there :)
And they deported whole peoples, like Kalmyks, Crimean Tatar etc.... which we see now that is reflected in worldwide geostrategical situation and history. They sized Crimea from Ukraine but naturally it was much easier because there is no Crimean Tatars there anymore.

But back to TOAW and playing TOAW, no more politics.

TOAW is king of all games so better to keep this forums clean of politics. It's dirty in whole world. It's criminal organisation at least in my country, goddamn them all.

Mario

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 31
RE: Event Effects - 6/2/2020 8:26:15 PM   
Hellen_slith

I have been following this discussion with great interest,
and one observation I hope you all will consider,
is that in many respects,
TOAW is a sort of "time machine" ... sort of like books are "time machines."

I really really like reading historical novels (like Upton Sinclair's "Lanny Budd" series)
and playing TOAW only enhances the "feel" of "traveling back in time"

One thing that is gnawing at me lately, is Finland's role in the Great Patriotic War of Deliverance (Soviet side)
and that is a sticking point for us playing Fite@2 in our club effort.....

but that kind of "historical background" is, I think, essential to the "feel" of a scenario.
Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there, to think about.

Have a great gaming day!

(in reply to MonkeysBrain2)
Post #: 32
RE: Event Effects - 6/2/2020 8:48:35 PM   
Lobster

From a historical viewpoint I've always felt the Finns should be given an ending point to any offensives. End of October to the south of Belomorsk-Rugazero line and end of November north of that line. Any advances they make up until that time are fine regardless of where any historical stop line was. BTW, the Finns far exceeded their pre Winter War borders especially near Lake Onega. When someone reads the historical narrative there isn't much wriggle room for making up a way to allow them to continue any offensive beyond historical time boundries without literally killing off some historical characters.

By allowing the Finns to press as far as they can until October/November and eliminating artificial stop lines the Soviets are prevented from wholesale abandonment of the Karelia and points north.

Just my opinion.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 6/2/2020 8:49:47 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Event Effects Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI