Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Game Fails to Save after "System.OutOfMemoryException"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Game Fails to Save after "System.OutOfMemoryException" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Game Fails to Save after "System.OutOfMem... - 5/26/2020 8:03:21 PM   
stww2

I've been playing Caribbean Fury #1 over the past couple days, which is unsurprisingly taxing on my system. However, I have recently noticed a slight problem. On several occasions now, after having played the scenario for, say 20-40 minutes, the game will take longer to save (normally it takes maybe 1-2 seconds, but when this problem manifests it takes longer than 10 seconds and the program will stop responding in the process). Usually, either before or shortly after, the game will report that the autosave function has failed due to a "System.OutOfMemoryException." Normally, if this occurs, I simply would save the game and restart, however I subsequently discovered that the save process, when unusually lengthened, was not actually occurring (when looking at the save file in the game folder, the "Date Modified" time fails to update after I save the game, indicating that the file in question was not actually overwritten). Furthermore, when I attempted to resolve this problem by using the "Save As" function, the "Save As" dialog box did not occur.

Ultimately, I am able to restart the game, load the most recent save file (and accept any lost progress that results), and continue playing, with game saving properly until the error manifests itself again. So not the end of the world, but not ideal either.

I would attach a save file, but 1)I'm not sure how much it would help, since I can't actually save the game during this error and loading the most recent file results in the game working again, and 2) I don't have 10 posts yet so I can't attach any files :(

I also attempted to copy and paste the relevant data from the exception log, but this too was blocked by the Forum .

< Message edited by apache85 -- 6/9/2020 3:49:31 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [Logged] Game Fails to Save after "System.OutO... - 6/9/2020 3:49:40 AM   
apache85

Logged for investigation.

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 2
RE: [Logged] Game Fails to Save after "System.OutO... - 6/9/2020 3:48:00 PM   
stww2

Now that it has been more than a week since I've posted 10 messages on this forum, I can now upload relevant files, which hopefully may be of some assistance. Attached are the exception log from the incident and the last successful save file before the the error occurred.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to apache85)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Game Fails to Save after "System.OutOfMemoryException" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI