Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map Editor Buttons (1 of 2)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Map Editor Buttons (1 of 2) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map Editor Buttons (1 of 2) - 5/26/2020 1:01:11 PM   
Rescue193

There are two new (well, new to me) buttons in the Map Editor "Point, Blob, Line, etc" sequence. Naturally, they're not mentioned in the e-manual and I can't find any reference to them elsewhere.

The first button is a blue square with a red square at its centre (identical to the symbol in the Force Editor Set Unit Colours). No matter which terrain type is selected, when used it produces a a vertical "River" symbol across two adjacent hexes (that is it crosses the border between the two hexes).

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Map Editor Buttons (1 of 2) - 5/26/2020 1:46:21 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rescue193

There are two new (well, new to me) buttons in the Map Editor "Point, Blob, Line, etc" sequence. Naturally, they're not mentioned in the e-manual and I can't find any reference to them elsewhere.

The first button is a blue square with a red square at its centre (identical to the symbol in the Force Editor Set Unit Colours). No matter which terrain type is selected, when used it produces a a vertical "River" symbol across two adjacent hexes (that is it crosses the border between the two hexes).

Well paint me green and call me Gumby. They snuck that one in on us. It obviously places rivers on the map without having to click the tiles below. Don't know why. No one even mentioned this to the testers.

We all totally missed this. I'll post it in the dev forum.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 5/26/2020 1:47:32 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

(in reply to Rescue193)
Post #: 2
RE: Map Editor Buttons (1 of 2) - 5/26/2020 3:09:01 PM   
Rescue193

Wow!

One for the Dev forum eh? Now there's a battle honour worth having.

Thank's Mr Gumby. Now, would you prefer British Racing Green in a swanky high-gloss finish or something more sedate from the standard Pantone reference chart?

On another subject but still concerning the Force Editor, you might recall that sometime ago you posted a really handy tip about using "Save Unit" and "Open Unit" to assemble an OOB by creating a set of folders (to keep things neat and tidy) so that one can simply pop units into the OOB as and when required. I've used it many times and it always worked a treat. However, when I try to use this tried and trusted method recently I found that when I "open" the unit from its folder, instead of placing it in the OOB for some mysterious reason it gets plonked into the Scenario folder. It uploads to the OOB just fine from there, but it kind of defeats the point I think.

Obviously, without realising it, I could be doing something subtly different (and therefore wrong) but I think something in v.4.1.0.40 has rendered your elegant little shortcut less useful. Any thoughts?

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 3
RE: Map Editor Buttons (1 of 2) - 5/26/2020 4:44:56 PM   
Lobster

No you are not doing anything wrong. For whatever reason someone thought it wasn't proper to allow us to put the files where we want instead knowing better than we do where we want things. So they are all piled up in one place like a pile of unsorted dirty laundry.

BTW, we have mentioned this in the dev forum also.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 5/26/2020 4:52:49 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

(in reply to Rescue193)
Post #: 4
RE: Map Editor Buttons (1 of 2) - 5/26/2020 9:21:23 PM   
Rescue193

Sigh!

Well, Mr Gumby, the 'dirty laundry' metaphor is your's not mine but I can't fault it.

However, if pressed, I think I'd resort to language that was altogether more pithy, mono-syllabic and Anglo-Saxon in nature hinting at a (lack of) cranial capacity, a (surfeit) of excremental content and implying (dubious) parental provenance. But none of that would be polite or acceptable here or anywhere else.

Thanks, as always, for your time.

Regards,

PS

Won't you consider BRG? I'm sure Bentley's famous and prestigious colours would suit you.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Map Editor Buttons (1 of 2) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI