Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario for testing "Buns goes to war"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario for testing "Buns goes to war" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario for testing "Buns goes to war" - 5/25/2020 7:18:00 PM   
vettim89

Based on Red Storm Rising. A simple ASAT scenario. You get one shot and only one shot

Attachment (1)

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario for testing "Buns goes to war" - 7/15/2020 4:50:00 PM   
ExecCrawfish

Ran this one a few times, managed to finally nail the RORSAT on the second orbit past the coast. The satellite pass predictor isn't ideal for ASAT work, and I tried running it once in the scenario editor with the orbit display, which was probably too easy. Maybe put in reference points for the predicted orbit track and have them off by a few nm? That would be enough to require some careful position adjustment from the player.

Another thing worth noting is that the autoattack logic has no idea how to deal with an ASAT and will try to maneuver for a tail-chase course, even when the satellite is head-on. I ended up using manual launch and course corrections, which is more fun and challenging and probably the intended method, but it might be good to explain that in the side briefing.

Overall, great fun and possibly the only scenario I've seen that shows off the ASM-135.

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenario for testing "Buns goes to war" - 7/16/2020 2:29:22 PM   
vettim89

quote:

ORIGINAL: ExecCrawfish

Ran this one a few times, managed to finally nail the RORSAT on the second orbit past the coast. The satellite pass predictor isn't ideal for ASAT work, and I tried running it once in the scenario editor with the orbit display, which was probably too easy. Maybe put in reference points for the predicted orbit track and have them off by a few nm? That would be enough to require some careful position adjustment from the player.

Another thing worth noting is that the autoattack logic has no idea how to deal with an ASAT and will try to maneuver for a tail-chase course, even when the satellite is head-on. I ended up using manual launch and course corrections, which is more fun and challenging and probably the intended method, but it might be good to explain that in the side briefing.

Overall, great fun and possibly the only scenario I've seen that shows off the ASM-135.

Yes, this is definitely a "manual attack" only scenario. I will add that to the briefing. I will also add a RP indicating where the IP should be for the F-15 because in FL (fictional life not real life) Buns was told by the controllers where she had to be for teh intercept

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to ExecCrawfish)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario for testing "Buns goes to war" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI