Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hello

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Hello Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hello - 5/24/2020 1:49:42 PM   
Phobosdeimos71

I was just checking to see what features and Realism Settings I have and was under the impression that with my purchase of Chains of war that I would get Lasers railguns and tactical EMPs.

I don't have that option in the settings. I have purchased all of Commmands DLC. However the only Realism Settings I have now are

Detailed gun fire Control
Unlimited Magazines at air naval bases
Aircraft Damage
Realistic Sub communications
Effects of Terrain Type
Communication Disruption.

Thanks Scott
Post #: 1
RE: Hello - 5/24/2020 1:59:04 PM   
Phobosdeimos71

I should also add I am running command modern operations and I have version v1.10 Build 1146.1

(in reply to Phobosdeimos71)
Post #: 2
RE: Hello - 5/24/2020 5:51:59 PM   
Phobosdeimos71

I did a complete uninstall of all the DLC's as well as the Base of the game and I still don't get the Lasers railguns and tactical EMP's

However if I start the game with Chains of War I actually go into CMANO not CMO

If I create a new scenario and I go into Scenario Features and Realism Settings All the features are available. Except Communications Jamming.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Post #: 3
RE: Hello - 5/24/2020 5:56:05 PM   
stww2

My understanding is that unlike in CMANO, none of the game's features are associated with DLCs (just missions). So while aircraft damage in CMANO required Chains of War, there is no such requirement in CMO.

Not all the features are enabled in every scenario. While you can no longer change which features are active from the game features dialog box at mission start, if you open up said mission in the Editor you can make such changes. Additionally, the features setting in the editor provides more options than in the mission-start dialog box, and if I remember correctly you should find the lasers and rail-guns there (they're not used in most scenarios, though).

Several features (such as comms jamming and directional-EMPs) are only available in the Professional edition of Command (which is not for sale to the general public).

Post #: 4
RE: Hello - 5/24/2020 6:45:14 PM   
Phobosdeimos71

Thanks for the Reply stww2. I should have been more clear. I am actually inside the editor when I want to use the features, not at the mission-start dialog box. There are no lasers or railguns available to make a scenario with here.

cheers

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 5
RE: Hello - 5/24/2020 7:16:11 PM   
stww2

Sorry about the confusion. I just looked at the Editor, and you are correct, those features no longer show up in the Scenario features+settings box in the editor (my apologies, it's been quite a while since I've actually opened that menu). I think, however, that those features still are present, they just no longer need to be separately activated via the scenario features+settings menu (like in CMANO). For example, I found and spawned the AL-1A Airbonre Laser with an ABM loadodut of 30x laser coil shots. I suspect railguns can also be found somewhere but I have no idea what unit is so equipped.

I hope this helps.

(Also, for fun I went ahead and spawned a minuteman silo in range of the AL-1A, fired the missile, and ordered the AL-1A to engage. It splashed the missile on the first shot. Which was pretty cool and actually the first time I have used a laser-weapon in Command.)

< Message edited by stww2 -- 5/24/2020 7:27:54 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Hello - 5/24/2020 11:14:32 PM   
Phobosdeimos71

Yes it does help thanks again for looking into it

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 7
RE: Hello - 5/25/2020 2:53:59 AM   
FTBSS

Those that are no longer options in CMO that were part of DLC in CMANO are now just built into the base game, meaning lasers and railguns (hyper velocity rounds) are always available in the scenario editor you just go to weapons add its weapon record to the unit you want the Laser on and its there, make sure you enable it in the wra as well.

Post #: 8
RE: Hello - 5/25/2020 3:04:24 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: stww2
I suspect railguns can also be found somewhere but I have no idea what unit is so equipped.

I believe you should be able to find them on the Zulwalt ddg1000 2025 model, it's outfitted with hvp's.
The weapons are 155mm/52 AGS HVP, and 127mm/62 HVP, there may be some others if you dig around in the db for guided projectiles.

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 5/25/2020 3:10:44 AM >

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 9
RE: Hello - 5/25/2020 3:06:22 AM   
stww2

Thanks, I'll have to test that out at some point!

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Hello Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI