Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Resolved] Screen is flickering (latest beta version)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Screen is flickering (latest beta version) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Resolved] Screen is flickering (latest beta version) - 5/23/2020 8:42:57 PM   
DWReese

With the latest beta release, the game screen seems to be flickering more often than before.

It is as if the whole screen has to refresh itself, and things on the screen will go away for a millisecond, and then immediately come back. That's the only way that I can describe it.

It happens on all of the scenarios, and it occurs at different times.

Obviously, there is no save that is going to capture it.

My first thought is that it might have something to do with playing older scenarios, or possibly playing the game using older databases. But, this is really just a guess.

Perhaps others are seeing something like this as well, and all of these collective observations might prove to be helpful.

< Message edited by apache85 -- 5/26/2020 4:03:23 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Screen is flickering (latest beta version) - 5/25/2020 11:41:36 AM   
DWReese

Not that I ever received a response from anyone, but the flickering problem has been solved.

Just in case you have something like this in the future, the flickering occurs when you attempt to play a scenario using its original database, after the weapon has been subsequently altered. In essence, it was a database compatibility issue. Not knowing that the database is actually the problem, the game player would have no way of knowing why the flickering was occurring.

In this case, it was tied to Wayne's database issue (see below) pertaining to the Mk54 LHY Mod 0 torpedo. Seeing that others were having trouble with that torpedo, prompted me to completely rebuild the unit and test it. It worked fine, and the flickering was gone.

Just for reference, you may want to check something as simple as the database if this event occurs again. The programming was fine. This tip could save someone hours of work in the future.

Wayne's quote: "Due to an internal database conflict, the DBID #902 Mk54 LHT Mod 0 torpedo entry was removed and replaced by copy, DBID #3742. If you have updated to DB3K_485 then the only entry for the Mk54 LHT Mod 0 torpedo should be #3742. The service date is logged for change.
-WS"

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Screen is flickering (latest beta version) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI