Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matt Moyer's African Campaign 42 (FelixHu [DAK] v Hellen [CW])

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> Matt Moyer's African Campaign 42 (FelixHu [DAK] v Hellen [CW]) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matt Moyer's African Campaign 42 (FelixHu [DAK] v Helle... - 5/22/2020 1:34:30 PM   
Hellen_slith

Felix and I played this one on the server, and it seems to have ended at turn 42 (or maybe it was 52, not sure.)

Anyway, one thing I do not like about the server PBEM++ experience is, that at the end of a game,
only one person gets to see the victory splash.
Even though you might get an email to see the last move,
the ability to "replay move" on the last turn is not functional.

Nor do I get any final .pbl file for the last turn.
I think I got one of those once from the server, but not sure.

Anyway, I wish they would fix these issues, b/c (esp. after you've played a scene, is nice to get SOMETHING you can look at later.) Okay, well, here is the final splash screen, Mr. Felix, it was ruled a draw, good battle. Was a real squeaker for me to be able to hold El Alamein! Okay, well, will send you a "diplomatic pouch" message in our other, "Home Before the Leaves Fall" scenario. Thank you for playing this one with me!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Matt Moyer's African Campaign 42 (FelixHu [DAK] v H... - 5/24/2020 9:35:48 AM   
FelixHu

Thanks.
I captured El Alamein without fight after a breakthrough in west.
But my internet disconnected while uploading or playing.I played the round again with italian breakthrough from south at same combat round.
This caused retreating units entered Alamein from south too.Now i can't capture Alamein with a single right click,and the attack failed.

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Matt Moyer's African Campaign 42 (FelixHu [DAK] v H... - 5/24/2020 7:32:10 PM   
Hellen_slith

Good fight, man, I was biting my fingernails the whole time, playing Commonwealth in this one will turn your hair grey! (or in my case, GREYER!!) On my end, the "situation briefing" said still a draw at the last, but the Victory Splash said an Axis defeat, but ... my hat's off to you, I thought it was at least a marginal German victory. I was really hemmed up by all the escarpments. Very interesting scene! Thanks again for playing this one with me!

Okay, well, we have "HBtLF" going great guns, let's finish that one and then maybe we can try "Operation Mars" that's a pretty cool scene, or another in a few more weeks? Suggestions? Well, have a great day!

(in reply to FelixHu)
Post #: 3
RE: Matt Moyer's African Campaign 42 (FelixHu [DAK] v H... - 5/24/2020 10:41:37 PM   
FelixHu

sure,i would like to

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> Matt Moyer's African Campaign 42 (FelixHu [DAK] v Hellen [CW]) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI