Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions about how aircraft work in the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Some questions about how aircraft work in the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions about how aircraft work in the game - 5/21/2020 8:42:55 PM   
SunlitZelkova

Hi,

There are a number of inaccuracies with the MiG-17 and I was wanting to request changes to it. However I am unsure of how the inaccurate parameters work and how they would be corrected.

#1: Is aircraft speed performance based on the airframe or the engine? For example, will aircraft X with Pratt & Whitney R-3380 have the same speed, acceleration, and so on as aircraft Y with the same engine, even if aircraft Y has a more aerodynamic design (which in real life gives it better performance than aircraft X)?

#2: If the answer to above is engine, is it possible to have multiple DB entries of the same engine? In the case of the MiG-17, it has the same engine as the MiG-15bis but is faster because of its airframe.

#3: If an aircraft has a variant with more ordnance, but is identical in every other way, are the loadouts added to the original plane or is a new DB entry created?

The next one doesn't have to do with the MiG-17 but is still for another request I plan to make.

#4: If an aircraft's range is well documented but data on fuel and fuel consumption is not available, can changes to fuel and loadouts still be requested?

Formerly known as Project2035 and TyeeBanzai
Post #: 1
RE: Some questions about how aircraft work in the game - 5/21/2020 9:55:21 PM   
KLAB

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3436106

Evidence what is wrong with some good sources with Internet links etc and post the request in the DB forums for either the DB3K or CWDB (MiG-17).

1. Engine DB entry is specific to the type/variant to give it specific performance. It doesn't emulate real life.(AFAIK)
2.So to get specific performance for MiG-17 variant X Y or Z etc the engine would be airframe specific even amongst sub variants.
3.Loadouts are specific to subtype variant country and year of service. So if a variant X got wiring to fire a new missile in 1978 just as an example then there would be a DB entry which would read MiG-17bis USSR PVO 1978 (Or something along those lines)
4.A lot of data has to be well informed researched but essentially a best guess as the real stuff is classified. Feel free to make the request via the forum in the link or via the CWDB request forum.

Hope this is what you were after?
Regards
K

(in reply to SunlitZelkova)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions about how aircraft work in the game - 5/22/2020 8:53:54 AM   
SunlitZelkova

quote:

ORIGINAL: KLAB

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3436106

Evidence what is wrong with some good sources with Internet links etc and post the request in the DB forums for either the DB3K or CWDB (MiG-17).

1. Engine DB entry is specific to the type/variant to give it specific performance. It doesn't emulate real life.(AFAIK)
2.So to get specific performance for MiG-17 variant X Y or Z etc the engine would be airframe specific even amongst sub variants.
3.Loadouts are specific to subtype variant country and year of service. So if a variant X got wiring to fire a new missile in 1978 just as an example then there would be a DB entry which would read MiG-17bis USSR PVO 1978 (Or something along those lines)
4.A lot of data has to be well informed researched but essentially a best guess as the real stuff is classified. Feel free to make the request via the forum in the link or via the CWDB request forum.

Hope this is what you were after?
Regards
K

Thanks for the answers!

There is a solution for the MiG-17. There was a variant of the VK-1 engine called the VK-1A, which had identical performance but better reliability. It was only installed on the MiG-17, so the performance of the VK-1A could be made to match the MiG-17. The MiG-17 with the VK-1A, designated MiG-17A, was identical to the original MiG-17, so it could still serve as that version in scenarios while allowing it to be added to the DB without messing up the MiG-15bis.

Formerly known as Project2035 and TyeeBanzai

(in reply to KLAB)
Post #: 3
RE: Some questions about how aircraft work in the game - 5/25/2020 4:27:14 PM   
thewood1

Again, you should be posting that to the db thread. It'll get lost here.

(in reply to SunlitZelkova)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Some questions about how aircraft work in the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI