Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

4K-fixer tool

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> 4K-fixer tool Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4K-fixer tool - 5/20/2020 11:22:41 AM   
DWReese

The new release has a standalone tool called the "4K-fixer tool" which can be run separately. I'd like to know what it does.

I've read the brief synopsis, but it doesn't explain why it's separate. If it's essential, then why not simply include it with the rest of the update as being "things that are necessary?" If it's optional, why is it even an option? What's the downside? Why wouldn't you want to simply include it as part of the update? It indicates that you get the new database (484) by running the tool. Why wouldn't you want the new database? Why wouldn't the new database be part of the update? What's so special about the tool?

Can someone explain it in a little more detail?
Post #: 1
RE: 4K-fixer tool - 5/20/2020 12:38:19 PM   
Grazyn

It fixes issues with adjusting Command to high-DPI environments, such as 4K screens.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 2
RE: 4K-fixer tool - 5/20/2020 1:03:54 PM   
DWReese

Does it do something else than 4k because it discusses databases and descriptions and pictures? Why wouldn't the database and descriptions and pictures be updated with the new version?

Or, does this file have something that changes ONLY those game players that have 4k systems only? In other words, if you don't have 4k, then you don't need this file, is that right?

(in reply to Grazyn)
Post #: 3
RE: 4K-fixer tool - 5/20/2020 10:41:24 PM   
Grazyn

I didn't install the patch but where did you get the impression the tool is needed for the database updates etc.? It's just listed among the stuff included in the patch

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 4
RE: 4K-fixer tool - 5/20/2020 11:39:52 PM   
DWReese

* Includes a standalone 4K-fixer tool (4KFix.exe), to provide users with an easy one-step solution to issues with adjusting Command to high-DPI environments.
* Includes new Tacview 3D-shapes by the official v1.8.3 release, as well as additions by PClaurent and BLiboy.
* Includes the updated DB description files by CV60 & kgambit.
* Includes updated .inst files by Roby7979 (Germany, Greece, Turkey, Italy, Spain, Switzerland)
* Includes the v484 update of the DB3000 database.

The message announcing this update is divided into various segments. The portion that pertains to the fixer is listed above. It is grouped together with these other things, therefore I believe (based on it being grouped with these other items) that it is associated with the 4K-fixer. Perhaps it should not have been grouped together, and then I would not have come to that conclusion.

< Message edited by DWReese -- 5/20/2020 11:52:12 PM >

(in reply to Grazyn)
Post #: 5
RE: 4K-fixer tool - 5/21/2020 6:13:16 AM   
Grazyn

It's just the segment that pertains to inclusions, not specifically to the tool, that's why they're grouped together. They highlighted it because unlike the other stuff this is an .exe that needs to be run manually and people with the issue could have missed it.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 6
RE: 4K-fixer tool - 5/21/2020 8:05:21 AM   
DWReese

Got it.

Thanks

(in reply to Grazyn)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> 4K-fixer tool Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI