Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff - 5/17/2020 8:56:45 AM   
warspite1

A few questions to the grognards please:

Playing as the Axis I do the convoys and trade agreements and then just leave well alone until preliminary production at the end of the next turn.

Do I do the same for the CW or should I be doing 'stuff'?

For example:
- I look at the Trade Agreement in place between CW and France and call up the detail. I have an NEI oil going to Japan - why am I being shown that? Do I need to amend it?

- What does TS mean in the Location?
- Why would my Canadian, Burmese and one of the Dutch oils suddenly removed the 'Save' order and switched to idle? (on the summary the last two are idle and the Canadian says 'no path'. Why? It was being saved in Calgary last time and so what's the issue now?

- How (if indeed possible) does one change the individual route of a resource?

Thanks for any illumination that can be given!!

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

Post #: 1
RE: Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff - 5/17/2020 1:41:21 PM   
warspite1

So I'm listening to Cad908's tutorial and he says that changes in Green are defaults not overrides. I just checked the last turn and the oil saves are defaults (i.e. Green) and so, as far as I can tell, the changes were supposed to stay in place.

I continue on with the video.....

Amending the routes

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 5/17/2020 2:05:37 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2
RE: Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff - 5/17/2020 4:59:26 PM   
Courtenay

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

A few questions to the grognards please:

Playing as the Axis I do the convoys and trade agreements and then just leave well alone until preliminary production at the end of the next turn.

Do I do the same for the CW or should I be doing 'stuff'?

For example:
- I look at the Trade Agreement in place between CW and France and call up the detail. I have an NEI oil going to Japan - why am I being shown that? Do I need to amend it?

- What does TS mean in the Location?
- Why would my Canadian, Burmese and one of the Dutch oils suddenly removed the 'Save' order and switched to idle? (on the summary the last two are idle and the Canadian says 'no path'. Why? It was being saved in Calgary last time and so what's the issue now?

- How (if indeed possible) does one change the individual route of a resource?

Thanks for any illumination that can be given!!

1) Looking at this, Germany has declared war on the Netherlands, giving CW control of the Netherlands. The Netherlands has a trade agreement with Japan, to send it two oil. You are shown which oil is being sent.
2) TS means Trade Sent. TR means Trade Received.
3) No one has any idea why production planing does what it does. One has to treat it like a recalcitrant mule: First hit it with a 2x4 to get its attention.

To change the route of the resource, first display the resource on the list in the middle. Then pick "Route" on the buttons on the left. This will rearrange the page. Now pick "1 Route" on the buttons that will appear on the right. Now pick the route you want to change from list of resources. A description of its route will now appear on the left. Set the map to show sea areas. You have done all this to get the picture you show.

Now click on the name of the first sea area you want to change on the list on left. It and all subsequent sea areas should disappear. Then on the map, click on each of the sea areas you want the new route to go through. When you get adjacent to your destination, click in that sea area twice. For example, in the picture you show, click on "Bay of Biscay" on the list on the right. Bay of Biscay should disappear. Now click twice on Faeroes Gap on the map. This will reconnect the route, routing it through the Faeroes gap instead of the Bay of Biscay.

This works for me most of the time. Sometimes production planning is stubborn. If it is, try setting the resource to idle and clearing its defaults. Recompute, and then apply the above proceedure.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3
RE: Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff - 5/18/2020 2:08:34 PM   
Centuur

I calculate the convoy points needed in each sea area and put them there. I don't do anything with the production screen until the thing pops up in the prel. production phase.

I also try not to use defaults or overrides. Only if I really must do so to get maximum production I will do so.

And I still tend to run into problems sometimes, especially if there are a lot of trade agreements in the game...

Peter

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 4
RE: Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff - 5/23/2020 4:41:22 AM   
warspite1

Thanks for the answers chaps. So basically there is nothing I need to be doing in particular - over and above trying to make sure that my convoys are sufficient in number for each assigned task. That I'm being told wonderfully interesting information about what the Dutch are sending Japan under the 'Commonwealth to France' Trade Agreement may be safely ignored

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 5
RE: Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff - 7/12/2020 7:07:31 AM   
warspite1

HELP!

I am trying to amend the resources that the CW are sending to France. The program is telling me I have to use resources in the UK but I want to use resources in Canada.

I can't see how I amend this. I keep getting this unhelpful message (unhelpful because I don't know where the default table is and when I press Default it just changes to override and this then gives me this message again.....

Can anyone help me please on how I get the resources from Coventry and Cardiff to NOT be used to supply the French, but for the resources from Rouyn and Sudbury to satisfy this requirement?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 6
RE: Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff - 7/12/2020 8:54:01 AM   
Orm

Click on the blue row, see picture, and thenclick on France. Then recomputed.

Then you have to clear the order from the resource it replaced. And recomputed again.

You then might have to go to the French screen and check that it is used...

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 7
RE: Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff - 7/12/2020 9:11:09 AM   
warspite1

Cool beans - thank-you

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 8
RE: Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff - 7/15/2020 10:23:10 AM   
Angeldust2

quote:

So I'm listening to Cad908's tutorial and he says that changes in Green are defaults not overrides. I continue on with the video.....

Hello warspite1,
what is this video you are refering to? Can you provide a link?
Thank you very much

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9
RE: Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff - 7/16/2020 2:59:15 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Angeldust2

quote:

So I'm listening to Cad908's tutorial and he says that changes in Green are defaults not overrides. I continue on with the video.....

Hello warspite1,
what is this video you are refering to? Can you provide a link?
Thank you very much

This is one of the 14 Training Videos accessible from the opening splash screen. It is #13. I did all the other tutorials, but Cad908 was kind enough to do one specifically on Production Planning. After he did that one, I added yet another on the same topic, with some case studies/examples (#14).

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Angeldust2)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Convoys, Trade Agreements and stuff Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI