Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editing Standard Operating Procedures

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> Editing Standard Operating Procedures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editing Standard Operating Procedures - 5/17/2020 7:38:43 AM   
Embiss

I posted an article related to this in the Steam Forums, this seems a better place to expand on the idea. In my previous post I mentioned that editing SOP was an option in the original version of Flashpoint Germany and how useful it would be to see that return, I will briefly recap that before elaborating on the idea.

Editing SOP's would, for example, mean that the player at scenario setup could determine at what range a unit might stand off from the enemy when given a screen order. This would give some flexibility to the commander in how his forces would deploy. A conservative commander desperate to preserve heliborne recon elements might order them to stand off well out of AA range, a more aggressive posture might be to set the stand off range to much lesser range and risk the recon elements in order to get better recon intel.

Editing SOP's might also allow the commander to set priority target types for units. I cant remember if this was possible withing the original game, (I recall that was an option in TACOPS if you are familiar with that) So you could choose for a unit to ignore certain classes of target and fire only on specified target types. You may want your commander to prioritise only troop transports, or only Tanks, or to only open fire at a particular range.

< Message edited by embisson -- 5/17/2020 12:01:00 PM >

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> Editing Standard Operating Procedures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI