Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weapon accuracy in mods - namley airborne heavy cannons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Weapon accuracy in mods - namley airborne heavy cannons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weapon accuracy in mods - namley airborne heavy cannons - 5/12/2020 8:42:27 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Dear all,

In lockdown...I'm working on a slight variant on the excellent RA mod by John 3rd, I hope he will agree to like it. I hope that some of you may want to play. I'm hoping that in the changes that I make to this mod there will also should not be any need for any strategic house rules beyond the first turn.

I have been playing this mod in two versions for over four years, it's excellent and seems fairly well balanced (there are a few issues with the development particularly of the Allied side in response to the stronger Japan which I am tackling). And one question I would like some advice on. I think that there is room to develop a few further what ifs not to replace it just make an alternative. Most of the adjustments I am making are based on close to historical discussions had many times before.

One thing I'm working on is Japan developing a slightly better ( over time) two engined fighter (Nick and Dinah) to take on the mid period 4E. There are a few candidates that can be realistically worked into this scenario. One thing I wanted to ask you all is what really affects the effectiveness of a airborne cannon some of the weapons have an accuracy of 3 or 6 where standard weapons have around 20 what kind of level would I raise the accuracy of the large bigger than 20 mm Cannons to show it being quite a lot better but obviously not totally unrealistic. I was thinking of around 8-12?

Any comments will be very welcome.
Post #: 1
RE: Weapon accuracy in mods - namley airborne heavy can... - 5/12/2020 11:49:25 PM   
inqistor

Accuracy is based mostly on RoF of gun. It might be lowered if gun carries little ammo. Just compare Japanese guns with something of similar caliber, but higher RoF at Allied side.

Nemo made some experiments with accuracy of 4Es guns, and found that accuracy value have low impact for defensive fire. However, I discovered that if you give Japanese guns range greater than 0.50 cal, results gets interesting.

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 2
RE: Weapon accuracy in mods - namley airborne heavy can... - 5/13/2020 12:37:48 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Okay thank you for your help. It's about what I guess. I assume that these cannons do have a longer range than .5 calibre machine guns anyway... Thanks again its appreciated.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Weapon accuracy in mods - namley airborne heavy cannons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI