Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two Cutters in the Gulf of Mexico, 2020 - new beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Two Cutters in the Gulf of Mexico, 2020 - new beta Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two Cutters in the Gulf of Mexico, 2020 - new beta - 5/10/2020 7:26:29 PM   
Mgellis

A new beta scenario...

This one involves a Coast Guard patrol in the Gulf of Mexico. Drug lords and pirates!

As always, please let me know what you think. What needs to be fixed? What can I do to make this a better scenario?

Thanks!

[version 2 uploaded 9:50 AM EST 5/15/2020]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mgellis -- 5/15/2020 1:51:43 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Two Cutters in the Gulf of Mexico, 2020 - new beta - 5/12/2020 10:07:17 PM   
stww2

An entertaining little scenario! Due to the limited resources available to the player, the mission had its challenges; for instance, I had to use a RBIB to distract the pirate ship while the second patrol boat raced to arrive on scene (the first was out of ammo!).

A couple of suggestions:

-include ammunition for the patrol boat back at Corpus Christi. I sent back one of the patrol boats when it ran out of ammo, but it could not be resupplied.
-make it clearer what has to be done to trigger the rescue of the crew of the stranded yacht. How close and for how long do the player's units have to be to the yacht?

Overall, this was a good short scenario and a nice change of pace from the massive US v. USSR scenarios I usually play!

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2
RE: Two Cutters in the Gulf of Mexico, 2020 - new beta - 5/13/2020 2:05:32 AM   
Tom Konczal

I found the mini sub on the surface. How do I send an RHIB to capture it?

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 3
RE: Two Cutters in the Gulf of Mexico, 2020 - new beta - 5/15/2020 1:21:07 PM   
Mgellis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Konczal

I found the mini sub on the surface. How do I send an RHIB to capture it?

In this case, I model a boarding operation as "keep a ship close for a certain amount of time" (this uses reference points linked to the submarine itself). Basically, get within about 300 yards and stay there for 30 minutes.

I will add a note about this to the scenario.

Thanks.

(in reply to Tom Konczal)
Post #: 4
RE: Two Cutters in the Gulf of Mexico, 2020 - new beta - 5/15/2020 1:52:17 PM   
Mgellis

Just uploaded version 2 with some of the suggested changes. Thanks!

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Two Cutters in the Gulf of Mexico, 2020 - new beta Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI