Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/10/2020 12:56:57 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Dear All,

After playing a few of these mods for a while I think I'm qualified to make some modifications to make them more balanced, will be discussing with their creators of course.

I was wondering if there was a tutorial or anything on the editor.

Also where is the editor this is the first time I'm considering doing this and I cannot even find it in the file.

It's also not on the main menu should it be?

Any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/10/2020 1:10:17 PM   
btd64

Look in the scenario folder. And double click....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 2
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/10/2020 1:13:55 PM   
btd64

No tutorial for the editor. But make sure that you save your scenario in a different slot number before you start. Don't forget to ask questions....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/10/2020 1:20:30 PM   
Nomad

In the Manuals folder there is a manual for the editor.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 4
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/10/2020 1:23:41 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

In the Manuals folder there is a manual for the editor.

Forgot about that. I've never used it before. I used trial and error....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 5
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/10/2020 3:18:12 PM   
Cavalry Corp

OK and thanks - I found it now mixed up in the other files - many thanks.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 6
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/10/2020 11:11:57 PM   
Nomad

Also note that you need to make sure you have the latest witpaeload. There are some data items that you can not access through the editor.

You can get the 9.0 version here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4372718&mpage=1&key=witploadae�

Post #: 7
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 6:28:12 AM   
inqistor

You would also want to use 64 bit Editor version on WINDOWS 10, as normal version can corrupt data.

And shortcut is both in Game Start Menu, and in Quick Start folder.

Post #: 8
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 9:19:23 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Thanks, I was going to ask as there are two - I am on windows 8 on this PC so assume ok to use the other?

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 9
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 9:22:17 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Nomad, Ok have the file is this to use instead of the in game editor? I assume the AE one there are two?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 10
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 4:02:47 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Thank you for the help so far.

Managed to start up the standard editor. I cannot start the other files my computer will not let me.

I saved my scenario as 042 with its own name but when I open the game it is a different filename but in the correct slot. I have no idea why this is.
I did a trial and move the Lexington into Pearl Harbor and save the game no problem, but it's not there on starting the game. It's still in its original task force.
When I open the editor again it says it's in Pearl Harbor.

I think there is something fundamental I'm doing wrong but I cannot think what it is. Any ideas? I have taken a screenshot but it seems there is no way to load it up here any more.

Post #: 11
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 4:06:24 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Okay here is the image

Attachment (1)

Post #: 12
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 4:44:05 PM   
Nomad

If you look at the TF display in the editor you will see that Enterprise is still listed as being in the TF.

To fix this:

Go to the Ships tab and then tools and select set ships. Fill in the top three lines, Nationality = US Navy, type = CV, Begin and end ID #( 3003 to 3002 ) in this case.
Then at the bottom select apply. That will set the Enterprise to start at Pearl Harbor.

Post #: 13
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 5:11:59 PM   
Cavalry Corp

I would never have guessed that. I put the index number for Pearl Harbor in as well yes? I assume I did right. Seems I didn't.

Saratoga and Lexington have been removed from the ships list as I assume non-active because they have the X but are still in their task forces on the map. So there is something wrong. Not so good for me because I have spent the whole afternoon trying to just move two ships.

I'm wondering if there is a problem with my scenario in the way it's been saved. Everything seems okay. When I open the scenario in the editor, I am opening number 42 which says something like 42 MS modified, all the information is there just fine. When I open the actual game in the RA install to look at the scenario it still carries an original name of the excellent RA 8, not the name I gave it in the editor. This is the one I wanted to make the small number of modifications to. Is there a problem in the way I have saved the games because the ships are not appearing in Pearl Harbor. Help appreciated.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 14
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 5:14:30 PM   
Cavalry Corp

He is the screen showing the Lexington and Saratoga is no longer active but they are also not in Pearl Harbor they are still in the task force.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 15
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 5:22:09 PM   
Cavalry Corp

I think I may have found out one problem and that is the editor is D 14 to a different installation of the game. Even though it's within its own installation. I will come back to you thanks for the help.

Post #: 16
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 5:52:16 PM   
Cavalry Corp

This is driving me crazy now. I have managed to find out how to make it start and find the right file.

But I have followed your instructions and the Lexington is still in the same task force.

Was there any other input information in the starting index or location I needed to put in. I have tried putting in the base location of Pearl Harbor number 584 in both of them neither works. However when I put in the starting index of 584 the Lexington was still in the task force but had no planes. How about that for more confusion.

Post #: 17
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 6:06:17 PM   
Cavalry Corp

some how I have made it work at the last attempt. The problem was that the ship also needs to be first allocated to a base before you then change it as you suggested.

Is it possible to move a whole task force in one go to a different location?

Post #: 18
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/11/2020 6:23:53 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

some how I have made it work at the last attempt. The problem was that the ship also needs to be first allocated to a base before you then change it as you suggested.

Is it possible to move a whole task force in one go to a different location?

Of course, I thought it was evident that you first change the ship and then do the fix ship routine.

Go to the TF screen in the editor and change the destination Hex x and Hex y. You can also change the Home base
so that it will retire to a different base. The Dest ID would be the ID of a base you want it to return to.
You should only set either the x-y coordinates or the base, not both.

Post #: 19
RE: Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? - 5/12/2020 8:30:19 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Nomad,

Thank you very much for your help in all this is much appreciated. I have now managed to move some ships move some TF and also create a couple of new ships.

I will put a post about my next task.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ok want to have a go at a mod- where is the editor? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI