Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Observation: AI Transport unloading at Ports with 0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Observation: AI Transport unloading at Ports with 0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Observation: AI Transport unloading at Ports with 0 - 5/9/2020 12:36:26 AM   
sschnar1

Score: 0
I have noticed that AI Transports can land units when the Port is at level 0 due to a Blockade.

Is this normal for the AI to ignore unloading rules at Ports<5 because it is the AI?

In this instance '1939-45 Race to Victory 1.06.01' this happened at Batavia, DEI Capitol (183,91) where 4 US Unloaded 4 Transports, the units moved away as they were in my visual range.

I have also noticed a similar event in another game '1939 World At War1.06.00 or earlier' in the Haipong (185,69) and Pakhoi (187,69), where the Japanese was Blockaded and still was able to unload transports.

Just thought you should be made aware of this.

Steven
Post #: 1
RE: Observation: AI Transport unloading at Ports with 0 - 5/9/2020 8:54:23 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Thanks sschnar1. This was at one time fixed but it was then found to be too good a way to throw the AI off from its planning, e.g. the AI is not as good as a human player at adapting to a situation where the port strength goes to 0, and then can end up with their transports bunched up and stuck hanging around the affected port.

I'll admit that it's not the fairest way to handle this, but at this time, and until I have a better chance to address this, the AI is currently unaffected by zero strength ports, e.g. unlike a human player.

(in reply to sschnar1)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Observation: AI Transport unloading at Ports with 0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI