Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to change combat target type?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> How to change combat target type? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to change combat target type? - 5/4/2020 8:47:13 PM   
The Land

I can see how to change the names of combat target types. But I can't see how to change the actual target types - in Combat Target Data this is greyed out. Is there a way to do this, or am I stuck with whatever unit occupies Unit Type 1 being associated with Target Type 1 and so on?

Also, while I'm here, what's the best way to avoid crashes on changing the map size? I end up with crashes when attempting to save because the game can't find the hexes it wants for the scripted convoy events - do I need to delete every reference to any no-longer-existent hex in the script files?

Thanks!

< Message edited by The Land -- 5/4/2020 9:02:48 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: How to change combat target type? - 5/5/2020 7:55:13 AM   
El_Condoro

Target Types are hard coded. At least, they were when I wanted to change them and asked about it a few months back. I have no answer to your second question. I suspect your answer is the correct one.

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 2
RE: How to change combat target type? - 5/5/2020 8:00:52 AM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: El_Condoro

Target Types are hard coded. At least, they were when I wanted to change them and asked about it a few months back. I have no answer to your second question. I suspect your answer is the correct one.

Thanks El Condoro! That makes sense.... :) I shall work with what there is...

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 3
RE: How to change combat target type? - 5/5/2020 6:31:08 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

Also, while I'm here, what's the best way to avoid crashes on changing the map size? I end up with crashes when attempting to save because the game can't find the hexes it wants for the scripted convoy events - do I need to delete every reference to any no-longer-existent hex in the script files?

Thanks!

I'm surprised it's crashing, but it is probably a good idea to amend the convoy script file before saving.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> How to change combat target type? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI