Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What is the requeriment adding new sounds in a mod?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat The Bloody First - Modding >> What is the requeriment adding new sounds in a mod? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is the requeriment adding new sounds in a mod? - 5/3/2020 9:46:06 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

I have tried the addition from new sounds inside my ..\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst\Mods\Veteran\Data\Sounds\
but the game does not play the sounds, just I hear the UI000Pizzicato.wav sound.
Post #: 1
RE: What is the requeriment adding new sounds in a mod? - 5/4/2020 3:34:08 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

I would need to double check but I don't think that the sounds are set up to be moddable. I will add it to our tasklist.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 2
RE: What is the requeriment adding new sounds in a mod? - 5/4/2020 7:06:10 PM   
ineffable

Until that's sorted out take a look at JSGME which swaps files individually rather than requiring the entire directory be duplicated to mod a single item.

Quid si

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: What is the requeriment adding new sounds in a mod? - 5/4/2020 11:24:46 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Yes, it is a big trouble modding.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 4
RE: What is the requeriment adding new sounds in a mod? - 5/27/2020 4:49:19 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

OK, so you can replace sounds (and use your own sound files) by using the the folders as follows. In this case it is not the mod DATA/SOUNDS folder you need to use, but the campaign folder itself. So you would place your WAV etc files into the MODS/<mymod>/CAMPAIGNS/MAIN/DATA/SOUNDS folder. You can also replace the SFX0 etc files as desired in the CAMPAIGNS/MAIN/DATA folder.

I will update the modding doc to make this clear.

Cheers

Pip

Post #: 5
RE: What is the requeriment adding new sounds in a mod? - 5/27/2020 9:07:03 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Thanks. What about new icons?

And there are part which I do not understand very well in the doc. This.
quote:

Preview Image Location: Two space-separated numeric values giving the screen offset (in pixels on a 1024 x 768 display) to use to position the preview image on the Command Screen. Offsets will be scaled accordingly for other display resolutions.

For hours I have trying and just I could add it by pure lucky but I do not know what is the screen offset of 1024 x 768 display.

Post #: 6
RE: What is the requeriment adding new sounds in a mod? - 5/27/2020 9:12:37 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

The icons will require a code change I am pretty sure. Enabling it is on my todo list.

The offset is a pixel offset based on the screen being in 1024x768 resolution. I forget whether it is from the top left of the screen or of the background image.

Cheers

Pip

Post #: 7
RE: What is the requeriment adding new sounds in a mod? - 5/27/2020 9:35:17 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Thanks.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat The Bloody First - Modding >> What is the requeriment adding new sounds in a mod? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI