Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

supplies and railhead

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> supplies and railhead Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
supplies and railhead - 4/30/2020 12:39:49 PM   
tonyscrase

20.4.3.1. Railhead Distance and Movement Supply Modifier
Units that have moved in the previous turn will only draw a percentage of what they require that is equal to 100 - (length in MPs to supply source - 5). This percentage modifier will never to be less than 25 percent nor more than 100 percent, but will be in effect for both supply sub-segments

not sure what this rule means
a)if the unit is drawing supply from it's HQ is the "length in mp" from the unit to the HQ
b) if the HQ is drawing supply from the rail head is there an additional penalty based on the mp from the HQ to the rail head
c) if a unit moved last turn is the Max supplies it can receive is (100-25) 75%

THANK YOU
Post #: 1
RE: supplies and railhead - 4/30/2020 5:22:09 PM   
eskuche

It’s a cumulative multiplicative penalty for how much supply the unit will ask for from its IHQ if it’s in range. It’s very similar to the distance to railhead penalty (which comes with a table in v12.00 in appendix), but only comes into play when the unit has moved in the previous turn, stacking with all other penalties.

The penalty is, for example, 80% (105-25) when 25 MP away from the rail. Distance to HQ is irrelevant for this calculation. HQ will redistribute however much supplies it was asked for by its subordinates (and itself) minus supply city penalties (axis rail modifier, blizzard).

(in reply to tonyscrase)
Post #: 2
RE: supplies and railhead - 4/30/2020 10:07:31 PM   
redrum68

@eskuche - My understanding is the "movement" penalty is based on whether the unit moved and its MP distance from the railhead while the other hex and MP penalties are based on the IHQ location. So assuming I have an IHQ that is say 10 hexes and 20 MP from the railhead with a unit that moved in its range 25 MP from the railhead, you'd get:
- hex penalty based on 10 hexes
- MP penalty based on 20 MP
- movement penalty based on 25 MP

Is that correct?

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 3
RE: supplies and railhead - 4/30/2020 10:27:17 PM   
eskuche

I don’t think so. At least not in v12.xx. Check unit beginning-of-turn position (which can be confusing because rail is repaired after supply). The multipliers should correlate with unit and not IHQ.

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> supplies and railhead Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI