Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply tracing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Supply tracing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply tracing - 4/29/2020 10:23:04 AM   
Chris21wen

Clarification needed please.

This is what it says in th manual.

View Rail Damage Info On/Off (hotkey r): Displays status of railroads in friendly and pending friendly hexes. The symbol is green for undamaged rail, red for damaged rail and orange for rail undergoing repair that turn. Rail hexes that have white dots within a green circle are hexes that have been converted but are not connected to the rest of the rail network or are rail hexes that cannot be used for strategic rail movement or supply purposes due to being adjacent to enemy units. In addition to rail damage, hexes further than 10 hexes or 25 MP from a railhead are shaded light gray, hexes further than 25 hexes or 100 MP from a railhead are shaded dark grey, enemy hexes are shaded rose, FBD and NKPS rail repair units are bordered in yellow, and all permanent supply source hexes are shaded in red.

First should it say ....10 hexes or 21 MP from a railhead are shaded light gray, ...

Next, this is what you get in with latest patch. The unit furthest east has a range to rail of 18 hex, way passed the 10 hex limit for shading light grey. The gey colour does not start until the MP range of 21 is reached. However the dark grey for over 25 hex etc does show correctly after pushing the unit further east.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Supply tracing - 4/30/2020 5:53:21 AM   
Chris21wen

Anybody?

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply tracing - 5/1/2020 7:06:54 AM   
Chris21wen

Nobody know eh!

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply tracing - 5/1/2020 1:54:13 PM   
joelmar

I haven't really looked into it, but it probably has something to do with this:

Change Log – 1.12.03

New Features
1. Highlighting units in poor supply will now mark with red own units that are more than 100 MP or 25 hexes from railhead, and with yellow own units that are more than 57 MP or 18 hexes from railhead (which is where penalties to resupply from railhead drop below 50%). Bear in mind that since 1.12.00 hexes from railhead are measured along the same path as MP are, not in a straight line.

"So much trouble in the world!" -Bob

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply tracing - 5/2/2020 7:12:26 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: joelmar

I haven't really looked into it, but it probably has something to do with this:

Change Log – 1.12.03

New Features
1. Highlighting units in poor supply will now mark with red own units that are more than 100 MP or 25 hexes from railhead, and with yellow own units that are more than 57 MP or 18 hexes from railhead (which is where penalties to resupply from railhead drop below 50%). Bear in mind that since 1.12.00 hexes from railhead are measured along the same path as MP are, not in a straight line.

This is the supply details for the unit as you can see it is 18 hex away and the grey area would therefore be >18 hex and indeed if you move the unit further east (next turn) and use shift-o it does turn yellow as implied so that bits working.

So the question is does this rule replace what was there in the section 20.4.1.3. Supply Trace Visualization.

'There are several map area aids to help in the visualization of supply traces. The hex pop-up (5.2.1) will display both the number of MPs (Off Rail MP) and the number of hexes (Off Rail Range) from that hex to the closest railhead. The toggle rail damage info button in the top panel map info tab (5.1.2.1) also shows additional info about ranges to a railhead. If a hex is greater than 10 hexes or 25 MPs from a railhead, it is shaded light grey. If it is greater than 25 hexes or 100 MPs from a railhead it is shaded dark grey. Enemy hexes will be shaded rose.'

Seems that it does.

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply tracing - 5/2/2020 8:38:39 AM   
Chris21wen

Posted twice. Do not disregard this.

< Message edited by Chris21wen -- 5/2/2020 8:40:17 AM >

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply tracing - 5/17/2020 8:32:20 PM   
morvael

From what I can see in the code rail zones are also shaded:
- dark grey when more than 100 MP or 25 hexes from railhead
- light grey when more than 57 MP or 18 hexes from railhead
in 1.12.05

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 7
RE: Supply tracing - 5/19/2020 6:06:11 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael

From what I can see in the code rail zones are also shaded:
- dark grey when more than 100 MP or 25 hexes from railhead
- light grey when more than 57 MP or 18 hexes from railhead
in 1.12.05

Thanks

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Supply tracing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI