Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The most WTF battle ever

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> The most WTF battle ever Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The most WTF battle ever - 4/29/2020 3:58:26 AM   
flapjack484

Today I started a Tunisia campaign as the Americans against a player,Komei.

The first battle went normally, and after a single engagement, Komei declined to press the attack, and ended the operation.

The next operation began, and I placed my troops. Shortly after battle began, our troops met at close range, and as soon as the fighting started, I knew something was amiss. Dozens of grenades were being being thrown. His panzergrenadiers made quick work of my assault team and tank hunter team, and the battle continued normally for some time, although my artillery support mostly only made craters appear, with no explosion effect.

Randomly, soldiers would die with no apparent cause. This continued for a while, with Komei inching forward, until a group of 4-5 of his teams approached an ambushing .30 Cal mg team, and the real insanity began. My mg Gunner began launching grenades. Hundreds of grenades. In bursts of 3-4, he'd fling grenades and absolutely slaughter anything that came near. I was astonished, and checked the soldier monitor. He was equipped with 2,500 grenades and was launching them at the rate that a .30 Cal mg would fire. Madness.

Later, Komei rolled a panzer IV forward, and it opened up on me. With a bolt action rifle.

I have no idea what happened. Was this modding? The connection was somewhat poor, could that have caused it?

I print screened the 2,500 grenade loadout, but the image didn't save, but I swear this just happened, I was dying with laughter. Wtf was going on?
Post #: 1
RE: The most WTF battle ever - 4/29/2020 3:08:47 PM   
ineffable

Yeah, sounds like somebody was modding without a TBF workbook. Was there a disconnection between battles and did Komei host the second?

Quid si

(in reply to flapjack484)
Post #: 2
RE: The most WTF battle ever - 4/29/2020 3:12:49 PM   
flapjack484

Yep, that's all correct.

< Message edited by flapjack484 -- 5/4/2020 1:19:32 AM >

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 3
RE: The most WTF battle ever - 6/30/2020 10:29:59 PM   
SgtShultz2

ineffable - I once played a guy's made-up scenario. Does that mean his mod game could have screwed up my regular game software after it was over? I hope that mod stuff goes away after the game is over.

(in reply to flapjack484)
Post #: 4
RE: The most WTF battle ever - 7/1/2020 5:01:57 PM   
Steve McClaire

Hi SgtSchultz2 -- The host game runs the simulation but the only file copied to the joining player is a saved game file. Also custom battles (created in the game's scenario editor) don't mod the game at all so there's no risk there.

(in reply to SgtShultz2)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> The most WTF battle ever Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI