Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sea Lion - Invasion of England

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Sea Lion - Invasion of England Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sea Lion - Invasion of England - 4/27/2020 6:06:51 PM   
Sparky0565

Has anyone successfully pulled of a Sea Lion attack. If so, what was your research, build and etc.
Post #: 1
RE: Sea Lion - Invasion of England - 4/28/2020 12:09:38 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

I've been SeaLion'ed once (HamburgerMeat).
I've given 2-SeaLions.
I've sniffed out a couple more, took damage, and called it off.

All about the paratroops, air cover, AV timing. Off course you'll need Maritime or Bomber for some visibility.

It's all about the 5-port

(in reply to Sparky0565)
Post #: 2
RE: Sea Lion - Invasion of England - 4/28/2020 7:18:39 AM   
lwarmonger

I've successfully Sealioned Britain three times. Each time it has been opportunistic (namely the allied player sent the bulk of their fleet and all of their British Army to the Med). As soon as I identified that, landed with paratroopers and 1 amphib. Take a port that has over 5 size when you are done, and in comes the headquarters and armor. Once Axis have expanded a foothold it is only a matter of time.

I have been successfully Sealioned once in 1942 by Sveint. Very well executed, with good technology, and minor resources drawn off from the Soviet Front. 3 Unsuccessful Sealions have been launched against me in 1940. I would say against a prepared British opponent in 1940, Sealion is a trap. You will lose because there is simply not enough time to prepare enough of an overmatch as the German player. You should only launch Sealion if you see the British opponent being careless. Each game I buy 3 AA as the British and place in my Southern ports and London. That, plus part of the BEF, the Royal Air Force and about 40% of the British navy, if you deploy well and remain vigilant, is enough to stop any German attempt at Sealion in its tracks, and win any attempt at the Battle of Britain by the Germans.

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 3
RE: Sea Lion - Invasion of England - 4/28/2020 7:27:54 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

That's about the size of it. Axis can play their hand with some flexibility; based on UK behavior. Pre-booking reservations in London doesn't necessary make a good move, deterministically, has no guarantee, yet you can call it off. As Axis, if you never try SeaLion, you're not putting enough pressure on your opponent. Like poker, how many times have you played this opponent & are their tendencies? Real life isn't Paper-Scissors-Rock, there's no best of 3, kind of like women, unless you up the action with a new car.

UK has it rough, they need it all. Fighters, Anti-Sub, Naval +2 really helps, Infantry, etc. Agree, Axis have the advantage if they play the "Cookie-Cutter" all against Russia. If you're gonna bet your life on a game, you'd spend nothing on German Naval (except limited suicide or +2 Subs), and all goes on Tanks tech + Tanks. Japans go all out on Russia also. Maximum pressure.

(in reply to lwarmonger)
Post #: 4
RE: Sea Lion - Invasion of England - 4/28/2020 10:10:22 AM   
fluidwill matrix

I tried a Sealion in spring 41 because I thought UK was over committed in the Med (which they were)and it went ok but it triggered US and USSR early entry (London was held by a US army in the end after some desperate too and fro) and I got steamrollered and it was all over by spring 44. Does Sealion always trigger entry of the big two or is it just a % swing?

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 5
RE: Sea Lion - Invasion of England - 4/28/2020 10:22:17 AM   
Marcinos1985

It is a % swing, but a big one. And it may grow, depending on Axis progress on the Island - not completely sure.

(in reply to fluidwill matrix)
Post #: 6
RE: Sea Lion - Invasion of England - 4/28/2020 11:43:08 AM   
amandkm

I've been experimenting with baiting opponents into Sealioning me. More often than not, I leave England too weak, and it gets taken out before the US and USSR are at 90%+, but I think, properly executed, it can be a very successful trap for the allies to lay.

(in reply to Marcinos1985)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Sea Lion - Invasion of England Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI