Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Germany Conquered in 1942

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Germany Conquered in 1942 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Germany Conquered in 1942 - 4/24/2020 2:13:32 PM   
klzlueylx

It's against Historical AI again. The problem of axis AI is it keeps looking for the best combat ratio, so keep moving his units to let the highest CombatValue in position. But moving costs effiency, so no attack is made seriously, just keep moving.

in This game, German attacked France in Spring of 1940, historically. But as the AI cant organize a decent ratio to attack, it's far-est advance is Arras. this line kept until May,42.

And as he didnt conquer france in time, Hungary\Italy\Romania kept their nuetral status. By May,8,1942, the first clear weather, UK,USA and France got their invasion started in Denmark, as Armsterdam is under heavy garison. At the same time, USSR completed it's war preparation, the Thunderstorm Plan "гроза план " was activated.

AI didnot prepare such an attack from USSR, that is what i can understand. But even after that, it still unwilling to have it's units backward to guard it's eastern terriory, which causes a almost unstoppable USSR massive attack. By the end of July, Berlin is already in USSR's controllance, and the last city of Germany is taken in Dec.42.

AI really need to be adjusted.

Oh, after defeat Germany, their is no any axis country, but I seems still need to wait until August,45 to end this game, that is quite strange. I'll get a UK\USA loss, even Axis was totally crashed.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by klzlueylx -- 4/24/2020 2:15:58 PM >

Victory at all costs.
Post #: 1
RE: Germany Conquered in 1942 - 4/24/2020 2:19:04 PM   
klzlueylx

oh i used Panzermike's Scorched Earth MOD, it's a great module, highly recommended. Thank you!

(in reply to klzlueylx)
Post #: 2
RE: Germany Conquered in 1942 - 4/24/2020 3:28:02 PM   
kennonlightfoot

AI in these type games are very marginal. There to many choices for a scripted AI to do anything realistic. You can get a "balanced" game by giving the AI lots of bonuses but it still won't use them in any kind of logical way. Just makes them harder to kill. AI is only handy for learning the game interface and testing what units can do.

(in reply to klzlueylx)
Post #: 3
RE: Germany Conquered in 1942 - 4/24/2020 5:45:27 PM   
OxfordGuy3

Usually in strategic WW2 games it's only worth playing against the AI if they're playing the allies, and then usually only for the first few years

(in reply to kennonlightfoot)
Post #: 4
RE: Germany Conquered in 1942 - 7/28/2020 3:41:28 AM   
bairdlander

Then I must be really bad,because the Allied AI is kicking my ass

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 5
RE: Germany Conquered in 1942 - 7/28/2020 5:17:51 PM   
kennonlightfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

If it is you are probably making some fundamental error in setting up your forces. It is hard to say what without knowing a lot more about how your campaign went. Also, if you gave the AI Bonuses sometimes it can just out produce you.

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 6
RE: Germany Conquered in 1942 - 7/28/2020 7:42:24 PM   
ncc1701e

True, the AI does not properly dig its units. It can be a real surprise against a human opponent.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

Post #: 7
RE: Germany Conquered in 1942 - 8/3/2020 8:56:36 PM   
boldairade

you mean they just get experience from early fighting? or does it speed up soviet reinforcement?

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 8
RE: Germany Conquered in 1942 - 8/4/2020 6:30:23 PM   
ncc1701e

I just comment this very true sentence:
quote:

The problem of axis AI is it keeps looking for the best combat ratio, so keep moving his units to let the highest CombatValue in position

Moving units prevent them to dig in. As such, this is very easy to break the frontline of the AI. Against a human, this is much more harder due to this.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to boldairade)
Post #: 9
RE: Germany Conquered in 1942 - 8/10/2020 3:09:30 PM   
bairdlander

quote:

ORIGINAL: kennonlightfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

If it is you are probably making some fundamental error in setting up your forces. It is hard to say what without knowing a lot more about how your campaign went. Also, if you gave the AI Bonuses sometimes it can just out produce you.

My first playthrough took me till October 40 to defeat france,but current game France defeated end of June 40

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Germany Conquered in 1942 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI