Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1867 Guerre des Frontières - Beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> 1867 Guerre des Frontières - Beta Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1867 Guerre des Frontières - Beta - 4/24/2020 2:19:23 AM   
rhinobones

1867 Guerre des Frontières is a new scenario that I’m submitting for beta testing. Welcome anyone with an interest to download, play and provide feedback for the v01 release. Mostly I have either played against the PO or had a PO vs PO test. Time to have some real players take a look. I haven’t tried it as a PBM game, so if anyone wants to give it a try contact me via PM.

The scenario briefing follows.

Regards, RhinoBones

TOAW IV
1867 Guerre des Frontières - Beta

Author: RhinoBones
E-Mail: rhinobones@aol.com

:: PBEM ::
:: Solitaire, Both Sides PO Capable ::

Date: October 6th, 1867
Map: 128 x 84 @ 0.5 km per hex
Time scale: 3 hour turns
Unit scale: corps and brigade HQs with company maneuver units.
Complexity per side: approximately 6 formations and 140 units.
Turns: Scenario is designed for 30 turns.

Situation
Border War in the late 1860’s time frame. Hypothetical geography using Suisse and Français frontier place names. A small territory which once belonged to France is the object of desire. The French ministers believe that a quick incursion followed by a negotiated settlement will result in the territory being ceded to France.
Corps commanders of each faction have set up immobile headquarters in one of five frontier towns. Five brigades are deployed randomly.
1st Force: Franche-Comtè
2nd Force: Suisse Cantons

Objective
The objective is to find, and destroy, the enemy HQ within a three-day period. Each day is composed of six day light turns and two night turns.

Design Notes
Scenario is designed primarily for the solitaire player against the PO. Can be played from either side with variability built in using randomized objective locations and formation deployments. As always, a better game can be had in the PBM Cheyenne mode.
Cease fire events are imposed during night turns to allow rest and recuperation of troops.
Units do not reconstitute. Replacements are limited.
For graphics, I prefer using the “Board Game” graphics. To me this graphics mod gives the feeling of scale the scenario is intended to deliver.
Minor escarpments are used to mimic hill slopes.

Suggested Game Settings
1. Play with “Possession” set at invisible. The object is to locate and destroy the opposing corps headquarters without using map possession as a crutch.
2. Play with “Supply” set at sources. Supply will not usually be an issue while viewing hex supply values will reveal enemy location.
3. The PO should be set at “Strong” for best competition.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post #: 1
1867 Guerre des Frontières Screen Shot #1 - 4/24/2020 2:20:39 AM   
rhinobones

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 2
1867 Guerre des Frontières Screen Shot #2 - 4/24/2020 2:21:49 AM   
rhinobones

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 3
RE: 1867 Guerre des Frontières Screen Shot #2 - 4/24/2020 7:18:21 PM   
Hellen_slith

Thank you for the scene, play testing it now v. Elmer ... hoping to be able to provide feedback soon. AAR commenced.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> 1867 Guerre des Frontières - Beta Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI