Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ottoman Mobilization reset to 0%?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Ottoman Mobilization reset to 0%? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ottoman Mobilization reset to 0%? - 4/21/2020 9:13:45 PM   
CommandoDude

So I declined to fund the Ottoman Army early in the war because I wanted the Ottomans to come into the war later in the game.

I got to a point in 1915 and suddenly the Ottomans went from 61% toward CP to 0%. There wasn't any kind of event associated with it. The number just dropped down out of nowhere.

Is this a bug?
Post #: 1
RE: Ottoman Mobilization reset to 0%? - 4/23/2020 4:45:35 PM   
BillRunacre

I can see the issue, it must have happened in September 1915?

I must admit I'm surprised it was possible to delay the Ottomans entering the war for so long, is the only extra thing you did to decline to fund the Ottomans?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to CommandoDude)
Post #: 2
RE: Ottoman Mobilization reset to 0%? - 4/23/2020 6:05:33 PM   
FOARP

I’ve seen the UK AI agreeing to send the Dreadnought to the Ottomans several times now and that normally delays Ottoman war entry to early 1915 by itself.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Ottoman Mobilization reset to 0%? - 4/23/2020 6:07:27 PM   
CommandoDude

Yes, declining to fund the Ottomans basically kept them out of the war for the whole game. Just finished my playthrough.

They also did not get their dreadnought from the UK.

Post #: 4
RE: Ottoman Mobilization reset to 0%? - 4/28/2020 9:54:14 PM   
mdsmall

I am having a similar issue with my first play through as the Central Powers. I wanted the Ottomans to come in later, so I did not fund diplomacy towards them in 1914. But as soon as the AI informed me that the UK had sent them the dreadnaught, their mobilization dropped close to zero. I have invested in diplomacy towards them starting in 1916 and it has had some effect, but I reckon no amount will be enough to get them to 90% before the end of the game, unless they react on their own to other events. So far, the surrender of Serbia, Romania and even Russia has not had much effect on their mobilization. If the AI sends them the dreadnaught at the beginning and then leaves them alone, are they really destined to sit out the rest of war?

(in reply to CommandoDude)
Post #: 5
RE: Ottoman Mobilization reset to 0%? - 4/29/2020 11:13:42 AM   
gamer78

I think for Constantinople people and Anatolia ships represent high value as they give money. They were offended. Even trade with British was successful I doubt pro-German Enver Pasha will wait so much to join CP. He was pan-Turkish but more likely become Islamist later.

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 6
RE: Ottoman Mobilization reset to 0%? - 4/29/2020 6:31:45 PM   
BillRunacre

Thanks for the reports, I will have to add an extra check here to prevent Ottoman mobilization falling to zero if it hasn't entered the war by September 1915.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 7
RE: Ottoman Mobilization reset to 0%? - 7/27/2020 6:06:27 PM   
MVP7

I ran into this same issue in my Central campaign. I think the British withheld the dreadnought and I didn't pay for the mobilization as Germany since I purposely wanted to delay Ottomans entry so that they could do a bit more research and to hopefully make Russia and Britain move some of their forces away from the would-be Ottoman fronts.

I was rather surprised that after rejecting the German Coffers event there was no drift at all towards Ottoman mobilization. The mobilization remained at 61% until the bug wiped it to 0%. After that there was only one jump to 13% (presumably from some Austro-Hungarian successes against Serbia or Russia).

In retrospect I don't mind the mobilization falling drastically (rather than just not advancing) from Ottoman Government running out of money but it would be nice if the mobilization drop happened immediately rather than much later and was still followed by gradual drift towards Central Powers. Had I invested into Ottoman diplomacy as I considered I would have been rather salty over the sudden disappearance of all progress.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Ottoman Mobilization reset to 0%? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI