Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenarios for older versions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Scenarios for older versions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenarios for older versions? - 4/20/2020 10:27:34 PM   
letmetrythisname

I collect old "big box" PC games and recently got the Wargame of the Year Edition of TOAW1. However, I am not sure where would be the best place to get scenarios for that release. I'm aware that there were several places to get them, but many of them have shut down, and most mirrors I've seen are for conversions of scenarios into newer versions of the game. Where should I look now?
Post #: 1
RE: Scenarios for older versions? - 4/21/2020 5:33:56 AM   
cathar1244

https://www.alternatewars.com/Games/TOAW/TOAW.htm

There are some scenarios listed on that site that indicate they are for WOTY. You'll have to download the zip file and extract the ones that are compatible.

Cheers

(in reply to letmetrythisname)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenarios for older versions? - 4/22/2020 6:05:18 PM   
Hellen_slith

Wow, nice find w/ the hard WOTY edition. I too collect those types of things, you will also want ACOW and TOAWIII, too, if you really want the whole TOAW experience.

Like cathar said, the alternate wars web site is THE collection to go along with all those, although it does not include my "To The Rescue" scenario for ACOW which, alas, was lost to time. For myself, I have snagged all the TOAW hard editions in boxed / CD format (from TOAWI up to IV) and I hope to see a V added in years to come!

Enjoy!

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Scenarios for older versions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI