Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BUG Report & Questions in game etc

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> BUG Report & Questions in game etc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BUG Report & Questions in game etc - 4/19/2020 7:26:41 PM   
klzlueylx

Loading unit to a transport ship is a undo-able action, but when you undo this action, the transport ship is "used" in support pool. It should not be, because nobody got in those ships.
Is this a bug or?

Also, USSR maybe have too much morale? I invaded it in May,41 and by winter of 1943 there are only 2 cities uncaptured: Murmansk and Siberia, but USSR still have 11 morale. Must I erase USSR off map to let it surrender? Stallin doesnot seems like such a stubborn man. To do so I would have to put all my troops on the eastern front, while keeping 500 manpower which equal to 1,000k of soldiers to guard the supply line. That is way too much and I would rather stop somewhere and say to the factory-less, soldier-less Stallin "have peace".

Another problem is that Airunits use too much manpower. The total manpower is a historic one I admit, but it is not so historic when suffering losses. Rather than Land or Navy, Airforces they suffer losses as expensive equipment such as aircrafts\weapons\oiltanks and trained pilots, not the mechanicians who works in airbases, and form the main component of Airforces' manpower. Current Air loss would let these people die, causes a unhistoric battle result when facing massive airfights. (As what i faced, 10+ fighter units deployed in england, and each turn of bombing UK major cities lead to about 25 manpower vapored.)
Maybe using navy design, High production points but lower manpower could solve this problem. anyway it's yours to decide.

And Thank you for making this game!

Victory at all costs.
Post #: 1
RE: BUG Report & Questions in game etc - 4/19/2020 8:52:22 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Transports - yes it is a bug.

USSR would never have surrendered in real life. Not with the Urals available where a lot of their production was. So yes you have to take all their morale and production centers.

Air units - It was something I was thinking about recently myself.

Games worked on

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to klzlueylx)
Post #: 2
RE: BUG Report & Questions in game etc - 4/20/2020 5:44:46 AM   
PanzerMike

Don't some games have trained pilot pools or something? Maybe add trained pilots as a build, ie split aircraft frames and pilots. Current aircraft builds represent frames, but the can only be used to full effect with enough pilots. Something like that.

< Message edited by PanzerMike -- 4/20/2020 5:45:14 AM >

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 3
RE: BUG Report & Questions in game etc - 4/20/2020 3:16:42 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Here is the deal. We assume hindsight and not follow the stupidities of the Axis. So we assume as the Germans create planes they create trained pilots. As the Japanese make planes they make trained pilots.

Dogfighting is about the skill of the pilot not the plane. A green pilot in a 1944 plane will be killed by an expert pilot in a 1939 plane.

So it is assumed pilots are trained correctly in game.

Games worked on

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to PanzerMike)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> BUG Report & Questions in game etc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI