Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/18/2020 7:19:31 PM   
guctony

It seems some naval units productions are tied to production of certain naval assets. Namely SSX production. It is shown Halted on WitPTracker screen along with LB production.

I can assume SSX is halted because I halt certain SS production. But I cant identify what stops LB production. What unit type they are connected so it becomes halted. up to now I could not find any data in game or tracker regarding this.

“That’s the English War Office, my lad,” we said. “We’re Scots. We don’t have to pay attention to that.” Brigadier Simon Fraser, Lord Lovat “Shimi.”
Post #: 1
RE: Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/18/2020 7:58:23 PM   
BBfanboy

Landing Barges (Allied LCTs) come in two flavours - the ones in your ship reinforcement screen that have an arrival date, and others that you can create using supply from a large enough base or from a TF with 10K+ supply. There is a limit to how many you can create in this way - smaller numbers at the start of the game and larger numbers later on. If they get destroyed, I am not sure that they come back when you create more of them or if they stay sunk.
So for some destroyed LBs/LCTs, the enemy gets a VP and for others, not.

Mini-subs are a bit more complex and worth 4 VP each. You can create them from supply, and I think there are some in the Naval Reinforcement queue, so I think it works like LBs/LCTs - except maybe the part about creating from TF cargo supply.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/19/2020 12:12:39 PM   
Alpha77

Re. "production" of these small units..none of these show up in the ship building screen.

Which means (IMHO) that barges and SSX are a fixed rate that you get them.. just like Allied LCMs and PTs. I do not know the rate however which one gets each month. I do not even the rate of PTs the US gets. Perhaps someone can enlighten us ?

Edit, for some reason IJN "PTs" are not fixed but are in the yard building window.. means also these could be built faster if you wanna spend the points.

Remember there are 3 phases for IJN ships. 1. normal build 2. normal accelaration (this costs 2x nav points) 3. at some point if ships are nearer to completion accelaration costs now 3x the points. One should be aware of this as it is quite expensive of course for bigger ships..

Ex, Yugumo DD = 10 NP coost, in phase 2=20, phase 3 = 30 (!) points

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 4/19/2020 12:21:13 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/19/2020 8:06:17 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

Re. "production" of these small units..none of these show up in the ship building screen.

Which means (IMHO) that barges and SSX are a fixed rate that you get them.. just like Allied LCMs and PTs. I do not know the rate however which one gets each month. I do not even the rate of PTs the US gets. Perhaps someone can enlighten us ?

Edit, for some reason IJN "PTs" are not fixed but are in the yard building window.. means also these could be built faster if you wanna spend the points.

Remember there are 3 phases for IJN ships. 1. normal build 2. normal accelaration (this costs 2x nav points) 3. at some point if ships are nearer to completion accelaration costs now 3x the points. One should be aware of this as it is quite expensive of course for bigger ships..

I beg to differ - here is a screenshot of Allied LCTs in the Ship Reinforcement Queue:

Attachment (1)

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/19/2020 9:38:56 PM   
Alpha77

I meant the Allied "barges" which like LBs do not appear in the sunk ships list, perhaps they are called LCMs ?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/19/2020 11:11:51 PM   
RangerJoe

LCI as in Landing Craft Infantry.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 6
RE: Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/20/2020 2:20:22 AM   
gervabit

I do not know the rate of replacement of the SSX, but what if I know that once used they return to 450 days but of type D

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 7
RE: Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/20/2020 7:08:30 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

I meant the Allied "barges" which like LBs do not appear in the sunk ships list, perhaps they are called LCMs ?

As I said, the Allied barges are called LCTs. If you click on the "Create Barges" text at a base or TF with enough supply, you get LCTs.
LCIs and LCMs come in the reinforcement queue and are not created from supply.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 8
RE: Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/21/2020 7:45:54 AM   
guctony

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

As I said, the Allied barges are called LCTs. If you click on the "Create Barges" text at a base or TF with enough supply, you get LCTs.
LCIs and LCMs come in the reinforcement queue and are not created from supply.

I didnt know that you can create barges out of TF.

That would be a game changer

“That’s the English War Office, my lad,” we said. “We’re Scots. We don’t have to pay attention to that.” Brigadier Simon Fraser, Lord Lovat “Shimi.”

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 9
RE: Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/21/2020 7:54:09 AM   
guctony

quote:

My problem is when you stop certain productions it also effects barges and Minisubs. I just want to understand the mechanics behind. I stopped Submarine production and it seems automatically halt Minisubs.

It seems SSX production is connected to SS production somehow

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 10
RE: Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/21/2020 4:43:54 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: guctony

I didnt know that you can create barges out of TF.

That would be a game changer

I don't know if that applies to Japanese or not. For the Allies, the TF must have 10K+ supply and the supply must have been loaded in the USA (and maybe PH).
If the Japanese creation from the TF is possible the text "Create Barges" will appear in yellow over on the right side of the TF screen. I imagine the supply must come from Japan, not the conquered territories. Each barge created will use supply equal to the barge load cost/displacement. This abstracts loading the barges as deck cargo in Japan and unloading them at destination.

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 11
RE: Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production - 4/21/2020 4:49:50 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: guctony

quote:

My problem is when you stop certain productions it also effects barges and Minisubs. I just want to understand the mechanics behind. I stopped Submarine production and it seems automatically halt Minisubs.

It seems SSX production is connected to SS production somehow

SSX on the reinforcement queue would be using Naval SY points to build so they are affected by your SS construction orders. The ones you create just from supply are already built and probably in the pools (abstracting that you could have loaded them on cargo ships and sent them to the base you "create them in". The supply usage in creating them is an abstraction of the supply the delivering ship had to leave behind in order to bring the SSX to your base.

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Naval shipyard and SSX and LB production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI