Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 4/18/2020 10:15:19 AM   
KingHalford

Hi folks, if you're like me and can't get enough of this game then you'll be swallowing up all the great Let's Plays on Youtube and Twitch right now. The 4x strategy gaming site eXplorminate tasked me with making some pre-release Shadow Empire videos for them, so please check them out if you want to see some more game-play before release.

I'm trying to take a careful look at some of the more interesting game mechanic innovations in Shadow Empire as I play, because there's so much in there that isn't immediately apparent without closer examination! I'll also be aiming to take a look at the general game design and compare it to other examples of the 4x and general strategy game genres.

Let's eXplore: Shadow Empire

< Message edited by KingHalford -- 4/20/2020 3:02:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 4/18/2020 11:29:11 AM   
Jim D Burns

The link to the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrtwDgj_Px8&list=PL8cNlze3fGQgYVDLiqxvpMnlWo3-lEkR7

Jim

(in reply to KingHalford)
Post #: 2
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 4/18/2020 11:43:35 AM   
KingHalford

Thanks Jim!

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 3
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 4/18/2020 11:53:20 AM   
zakblood

quote:

I can't post links up here yet since I've not been on the forum for long enough

can soon sort that out

Post #: 4
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 4/20/2020 9:19:57 AM   
VPaulus

Sorted.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 4/20/2020 2:48:15 PM   
KingHalford

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

Sorted.

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the videos, there will be two more going up today :)

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
eXplorminate.co

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 6
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 4/23/2020 7:46:14 PM   
balto

Explorminate, there is so much YouTube content, I do not think most of us can keep up. I checked out I think.., 4 of your's so far.., really, really thorough job. Thank you, looking forward to finding the time to watch the rest of your series.

PS - your playthrough is why I asked the questions above. It seems no one is messing with you.., you can explore and nothing is encroaching on your city. I am wondering if it is random, or is it because your world is so difficult (barren, lava, desert) and you went with 100% map darkness, the AI compensates by leaving you alone?

Post #: 7
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 4/24/2020 10:10:26 AM   
KingHalford

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto

Explorminate, there is so much YouTube content, I do not think most of us can keep up. I checked out I think.., 4 of your's so far.., really, really thorough job. Thank you, looking forward to finding the time to watch the rest of your series.

PS - your playthrough is why I asked the questions above. It seems no one is messing with you.., you can explore and nothing is encroaching on your city. I am wondering if it is random, or is it because your world is so difficult (barren, lava, desert) and you went with 100% map darkness, the AI compensates by leaving you alone?

Thanks Balto, I'll be continuing today. Yeah I realise there's a lot to watch now! No obligations, it's just there for people who enjoy it and find the time :) I've really wanted to keep up with Das, Tortuga and the others too but I've been kept busy doing stuff for the site so not really had chance (I think I'll set aside a few hours over the weekend to catch up because I've found it really useful to see how they've approached the game).

As for your question, I think the Minor Regime's are a bit of a mixed bag. I'm only playing on Regular, and at that level they're mostly just a roadblock you have to overcome to take a new Zone, with the real difficulty in the game coming from interactions and wars with the Major Regimes (I find their battle AI is very good and I'm really not that good at planning these wars myself yet!).

I'd like to see the Minor Regimes a little stronger, however I have yet to try on the two harder difficulty settings and I'm not sure how that affects them.

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
eXplorminate.co

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 8
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 4/24/2020 2:42:21 PM   
koplinsol

Been watching the series this week and I cannot get enough. Going to try and watch the rest today and start on some of the others. You keep referring to the manual...was that provided by Vic or is it a component in game? I would absolutely love to consume it before release!

Post #: 9
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 4/24/2020 6:57:19 PM   
KingHalford

quote:

ORIGINAL: koplinsol

Been watching the series this week and I cannot get enough. Going to try and watch the rest today and start on some of the others. You keep referring to the manual...was that provided by Vic or is it a component in game? I would absolutely love to consume it before release!

Unless I hear otherwise from Matrix I can't show the manual to anybody, I'm sorry :(

Glad you're enjoying the series, a new episode just went up. The game just started getting quite interesting and you'll see that your concerns about the minor factions (and mine) might be a bit premature!

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
eXplorminate.co

(in reply to koplinsol)
Post #: 10
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 4/29/2020 11:03:18 PM   
CustoV131

Learned a lot about the game by watching the eXplorminate videos. I'm almost caught up now, there's a lot to go over. When I think I am nearly there, Brigadier General Battlemode quickly posts some more... not complaining mind you.

Thanks to the videos I will be able to hit the ground running, or at least not stumble right away.

Thanks for the videos Ben!

< Message edited by CustoV131 -- 5/3/2020 4:06:35 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 5/2/2020 12:56:05 AM   
balto

So much content and I slowed down my binge watching. But the past two days, I am thinking Explorminate's play-through are the best. Everything is explained.., especially the Logistics. Superb job.

Das has the volume out there and is in a close second.., wait, tied for first.

Tortuga (who is one of the best) has his same first series up where all of us were learning things. Looking forward to him producing newer content. Greyhunter, also, great job.

What an outstanding group of YouTube beta-testers. RELEASE THE GAME, or allow people early access for $100 or $150.

(in reply to CustoV131)
Post #: 12
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 5/2/2020 12:58:38 AM   
balto

PS - I wish someone would make a video entirely devoted to Logistics. You start by trying everything.., like (1) what happens when you put a truck terminal right outside your city vs nationalizing the one inside the city, (2) what happens when you do rail.., everything.., So not just a flat out tutorial, but one that does everything imagineable.., because right now, man - it is very very hard to figure out what is going on. Thanks

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 13
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 5/6/2020 9:10:31 PM   
KingHalford

Sorry for the delay on this series, the latest version contained a minor bug that causes a crash in saves made in the previous version. A fix is incoming and as soon as it is, I'll carry on with it.

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
eXplorminate.co

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 14
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 5/7/2020 5:16:38 PM   
Vic

I dont keep track that well who exactly has access to the beta forums. If you dont send me an email and I ll get you a link to the patch

Best wishes, vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 15
RE: eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire - 5/8/2020 1:52:58 AM   
KingHalford

Done, thanks Vic

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
eXplorminate.co

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> eXplorminate Let's Play of Shadow Empire Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI