Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Korea? Again? Again???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: Korea? Again? Again??? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Korea? Again? Again??? - 5/5/2020 6:18:18 PM   
John B.

Liberation turn 49. The Glorious People's Army of China actually managed to hang on to Inchon for a turn in the face of another sea landing attempt by the allies so his land forces will be out of supply for another turn. He destroyed lots of units in the south and has formed a pocket and my troops are so wrung out that I could not even get rid of the one armored company that would have cut off his armor spearhead again.

On the upside, I did push him back one hex in the southern Seoul pocket but then, alas, there was a failed proficiency check. It would be nice if the UN got one of those in the very near future.

I have some relatively fresh formations (as in they are orange and not red. :)) with which to attack Seoul and it's looking like it might be time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 91
RE: Korea? Again? Again??? - 5/6/2020 12:51:32 PM   
John B.

Liberation turn 50. The glorious People's Army of Workers and Peasants is apparently being betrayed by traitors and wreckers. The UN pushed me back on both fronts but as per last turn, is vulnerable to be cutting off Seoul again. But, sadly although I made the initial penetration, I failed the proficiency check again after the first round. This is clearly a war crime. :) Can I've avoided attacking Seoul directly because I'm sure I'll take very heavy casualties but it looks like I may have to roll the dice and see if I can make it work.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 92
RE: Korea? Again? Again??? - 5/6/2020 5:22:23 PM   
John B.

Liberation turn 51. I'm not sure if Marc made any attacks but he did push his way north. Time is almost up.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 93
RE: Korea? Again? Again??? - 5/6/2020 5:25:19 PM   
John B.

Well, the good news is that I did not fail the proficiency check this time. The sad news is that after the first round of attacks I only had 30% of my turn left (odd but there you go). So, in the second round I went for Seoul. I did not take it, but the losses were much more even than I thought they would be. So, good news bad news sort of thing. Most Annoyed Leader Kim Il Sung writing his memoirs about how the entire goal of this liberation was to liberate Kaesong. Anyone care to disagree with him? :)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 94
RE: Korea? Again? Again??? - 5/6/2020 8:06:45 PM   
John B.

Well, apparently there was one counterrevolutionary porcine female lurking in the shadows and she began to warble thus ending the game. Marc reports that it ended in a draw but the commies were on the brink of collapse as he ground his way forward from the south. I can't see the final map but I suspect that's true as I was running out of troops. But, almost all of the UN troops were in the red zone so it seems like a pretty historical result. The UN recaptures Seoul and then the two sides batter on each other for two years arguing over the cease fire as neither side wants to commit the troops to go for total victory.

This is a very fun scenario! Each side gets a chance to bash on the other and most of the time you're locked in bitter combat. Marc is a very good player so I"m glad that I was able to eke out a tie with him.

The only bug we noticed is that periodically he would start the UN turn and the program would nuke a south korean city. This seemed just a tad unrealistic but it was easily dealt with with Marc simply restarting the turn and the game would proceed normally.

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 95
RE: Korea? Again? Again??? - 5/6/2020 10:31:15 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Like the AAR, well written

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 96
RE: Korea? Again? Again??? - 5/7/2020 3:27:26 PM   
John B.

Thanks!

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 97
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: Korea? Again? Again??? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI