Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matching Historical

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Matching Historical Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matching Historical - 4/17/2020 12:44:23 PM   
tverse

In the large campaign, is it reasonable to match/achieve the historical timeline of advancements for France and Italy provided competent play and OOB on normal setting against the AI?

< Message edited by tverse -- 4/17/2020 1:00:51 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Matching Historical - 4/17/2020 5:20:07 PM   
cfulbright

Tverse,

My own experience playing several times through the 1943 Grand Campaign with additional Air HQ's (AAHQ) is that I can kick the AI's butt, with Italy cleared even before the Northern Europe landings. That's with the settings set to Challenging EXCEPT Morale level at Normal (100|100)

What is your experience?

Cary

(in reply to tverse)
Post #: 2
RE: Matching Historical - 4/18/2020 10:13:41 AM   
tverse

I have not done very well. I did not make it out of the peninsula until early September. Took Paris in October. But I learned a few important things about logistics and support unit levels. So I am starting over back just few weeks before D day. Hopefully I’ll do better. Italy has been better but the logistics were not a problem however support unit levels should be better. The support unit levels will help keep artillery closer to the front instead always stacked up back at the Hicom units.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 3
RE: Matching Historical - 4/21/2020 12:12:33 AM   
cfulbright

Tverse,

Assign the artillery units (not the SP artillery) directly to Corps HQ's. Assign the armored, engineer, and SP artillery to Army HQ's except when you're assigning them directly to on-map units for attacks. And put the Army HQ's on depots so that the attached support units refit.

Cary

(in reply to tverse)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Matching Historical Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI