Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

FBD to Army HQ: Any difference?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> FBD to Army HQ: Any difference? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FBD to Army HQ: Any difference? - 4/17/2020 7:33:05 AM   
Novaliz

The FBD 4 for example is attached to the Army Group North, which is far away from the unit. Do you guys attach it for example to an Army HQ which is closer to FBD 4 for better supply?
Post #: 1
RE: FBD to Army HQ: Any difference? - 4/17/2020 7:38:28 AM   
mrchuck

This is a really good question and after many, many games I still can't work out whether it makes any difference or not.
My own observation is that supply for the FBDs seems to be handled differently to other units, in that they always seem to be able to do roughly the same amount of conversion regardless of where the alleged parent HQ is.

Either I am wrong about this, or perhaps there is a nerf going on behind the scenes??

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 2
RE: FBD to Army HQ: Any difference? - 4/17/2020 7:43:21 AM   
eskuche

14.1.1:
Movement point allowance of rail repair units (FBD or NKPS) will now depend on their RRV (rail repair value) and TOE percentage. Base allowance will be equal to RRV+1 (with a maximum of 16), multiplied by 10%+TOE% (with a maximum of 100%). To maintain full repair speed it is necessary to keep the rail repair unit at over 90% TOE, and have enough construction units attached to get RRV 15.

Looks like supply may not matter at all if movement is strictly dependent on those two variables.

(in reply to mrchuck)
Post #: 3
RE: FBD to Army HQ: Any difference? - 4/17/2020 7:45:40 AM   
Telemecus

There is a slight advantage in that ratings checks are better (and keep ToE in repair etc.) if the higher HQs are closer and there is more in the chain in command. However in the long run the FBD is likely to be closer to different armies, and when the FBDs are working in the rear it might be closer to rear higher HQs, You could use points to keep reassigning the HQ - but I do not think that is worthwhile for the slight advantage.

During summer 1941 the FBDs will do virtually the same rail conversion every turn. In blizzard you will notice them losing rail repair value and movement though.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 4/17/2020 7:47:29 AM >

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to mrchuck)
Post #: 4
RE: FBD to Army HQ: Any difference? - 4/17/2020 9:28:34 AM   
56ajax

Bombing them doesnt seem to have any impact

I want my football club to be pall bearers at my funeral. They can let me down one final time.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 5
RE: FBD to Army HQ: Any difference? - 4/18/2020 7:15:50 PM   
Balou

What should have an effect is bombing or blowing up bridges. Unfortunately there are no bridges in WitE. It certainly costs MP or RRV to move across major rivers but fully operational rail lines will be ready within no time, while it took months IRL. Yes they had floating/ponton bridges or barges/rafts, but supply suffered tremendously.

“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> FBD to Army HQ: Any difference? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI