Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What is the air group unitīs TOE?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> What is the air group unitīs TOE? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is the air group unitīs TOE? - 4/17/2020 2:23:40 AM   
Novaliz

I am playing around with the air doctrine settings and I understand all the settings except the "Percent Required to Fly" settings. The manual says:

"This percentage is based on the air group unit's TOE, not the current number of aircraft present with the
air group unit."

I can not figure out wat the air group unitīs TOE is? The air base has a TOE but the single air groups? Is it the value in the brackets? But this are the air miles, or not? I am confused ...
Post #: 1
RE: What is the air group unitīs TOE? - 4/17/2020 2:30:18 AM   
Novaliz

Is it the percentage of the "Ready" and "Max in Unit" of an air group:

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 2
RE: What is the air group unitīs TOE? - 4/17/2020 3:38:35 AM   
redrum68

My understanding is that it is looking at the percentage of ready / max so 87.5% in your example (but I admit I'm not 100% sure on that). So that air group would fly unless you had the setting above 87.5.

My general approach is to just set the percentage to fly to 0% so they always fly as you don't want to end up in situations where during the enemy's turn a fighter group hits that limit, stops flying, and then the enemy bombs your airbases.

< Message edited by redrum68 -- 4/17/2020 3:39:09 AM >

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 3
RE: What is the air group unitīs TOE? - 4/17/2020 4:09:45 AM   
eskuche

So TOE applies for the airbase unit. It is a set amount of FlaK, ground support, and air support that an airbase should have. For Germans, generally leave this at 100%.

Each airGROUP has a group type. Here, "Groupe Type = Gruppe," whose maximum is 40. See section 8.1.2 for more details on different maxes, which change from country and time.

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> What is the air group unitīs TOE? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI