Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strategy.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Strategy. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strategy. - 4/15/2020 7:53:51 PM   
stormbringer3

I'd love to have some general strategy ideas for playing as the Axis. For example are AA units worth buying, how many HQs should be bought (in Strategic Command you buy every German one possible), what's a good amount of interceptors to buy etc.?
Thanks for any opinions.

< Message edited by stormbringer3 -- 4/15/2020 9:56:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Strategy. - 4/15/2020 9:54:16 PM   
ncc1701e

I suggest that you compare the Order Of Battle of every country between Europe 1939, Europe 1940 and Europe 1941 scenarios. This is already giving some good insights on what to build.

After, you will have to play, experiment to find what suits you.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 2
RE: Strategy. - 4/16/2020 2:45:35 PM   
kennonlightfoot

It is really hard to qualify what is best to do because you rarely can measure the effects of some choices.
For example, HQ's depending on leader give certain benefits to units under their command. How significant these bonuses are are hard to measure. Once you have enough HQ's that you have all the units in your line marked with support markers, is there any benefit to having any more HQ's? I usually get enough HQ's to cover the Russian front and any special independent actions like Africa.
The effectiveness of AA's is also hard to determine. I usually don't buy them until I have nothing else to spend production points on. This usually occurs in 44 for the German when he runs out of logistics and has nothing better to do but buy AA and Coastal fortifications.

But this could all change if the Allies go for Strategic Bombing. Then AA may be worth while since fighters require a lot of logistics.
For the Allies are Strategic bombers worth while? Depends on what the Germans are doing. They seldom run out of production so I am not sure if bombing production is useful. If the Germans have a lot of air units, bombing Oil can be very rewarding. But if those air units are fighters you may lose out.

WarPlan is a hard game to quantify because of all the choices and the length of time it takes to find out if your choices seemed to work.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 3
RE: Strategy. - 4/16/2020 6:03:58 PM   
stormbringer3

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the comment about support markers by kennonlightfoot. I had no clue about them. It took me awhile, but I finally figured it out.

(in reply to kennonlightfoot)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Strategy. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI