Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/27/2020 7:16:52 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: AllenK

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

With the British strong in Belgium and the Italians making progress, how do you feel about a declaration of war against the Swiss?

With better weather still to come I can disguise this i.e. I won't have to suddenly switch the panzers south.

Possibly but have you seen their starting forces? Will be quite a tough nut to crack.
warspite1

Yes, but maybe an offensive chit. The reasoning is that this largely take the CW out of the equation. The forces in the south of France are closer - as are the internal lines of communication - to the forces in Switzerland. I'll have a look at this.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 241
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/27/2020 5:26:44 PM   
AllenK

quote:

quote:

quote:

With the British strong in Belgium and the Italians making progress, how do you feel about a declaration of war against the Swiss?

With better weather still to come I can disguise this i.e. I won't have to suddenly switch the panzers south.

Possibly but have you seen their starting forces? Will be quite a tough nut to crack.
warspite1

Yes, but maybe an offensive chit. The reasoning is that this largely take the CW out of the equation. The forces in the south of France are closer - as are the internal lines of communication - to the forces in Switzerland. I'll have a look at this.

Forgot about one of those. That could well make the difference. Makes a pretty good pincer movement in the south where the forces are pretty light. In the longer term, those extra factories may prove useful.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 242
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/27/2020 5:36:02 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Forgot about one of those. That could well make the difference. Makes a pretty good pincer movement in the south where the forces are pretty light. In the longer term, those extra factories may prove useful.
warspite1

I've set the reinforcements up in Saarbrucken for a quick switcherooney.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 243
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/1/2020 5:44:25 PM   
warspite1

My legendary dice throwing works again. I am now at a +1/-1 disadvantage. Given I've lost two bombers already should I let discretion be the better part of valour and abort (in which case the Offensive Chit has been an unmitigated disaster or do I stick around and possibly get my stuka (and likely pilot given past performance shot down) in which case the Offensive Chit has been an unmitigated disaster? What would you do in this position?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 244
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/1/2020 5:50:15 PM   
AllenK

I think I'd chance it, although saying that, the target is more nice to have. May as well save the Stuka for another day.

< Message edited by AllenK -- 8/1/2020 5:58:06 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 245
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/1/2020 6:03:46 PM   
warspite1

Too late!!

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 246
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/1/2020 6:11:43 PM   
AllenK

Never mind, as it worked out okay!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 247
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/2/2020 4:57:23 AM   
warspite1

Hi AllenK - in the game I sent you there is an Italian unit in Nice that needed moving to 62,32 (the hex northwest).

Edit: Apologies I wrote this and then saw you'd e-mailed the game back and already thought of that. Cool.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/2/2020 9:03:12 AM >

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 248
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/2/2020 11:31:30 AM   
warspite1

I ****ing give up with this game.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 249
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/2/2020 11:33:21 AM   
AllenK

quote:

I ****ing give up with this game.

Our air combat rolls have been consistently rubbish! Best roll I can recall was against the Chinese.

I guess we're being repaid in spades for some of the early Italian luck.

< Message edited by AllenK -- 8/2/2020 11:42:19 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 250
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/2/2020 12:23:07 PM   
warspite1

von Leeb can't reorganise the two best infantry so I best leave it this turn - there is no point in reorganising a div and a 4-4. How could they not be in range????

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 251
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/2/2020 12:29:18 PM   
AllenK

quote:

von Leeb can't reorganise the two best infantry so I best leave it this turn - there is no point in reorganising a div and a 4-4. How could they not be in range????

His command value is two and the range is in motorized movment points. In the mountains, I think that means 1 hex. Grazziani may as well reorg the MOT and MTN.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 252
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/14/2020 5:02:46 PM   
AllenK

Evening mon ami,

Where do the US want to place their chit?

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 253
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/15/2020 7:06:59 AM   
warspite1

Bonjourrrrrrrrrrrr

Unless you have any overriding reason for Japan I would say Germany please.

I've had fun and games with the Chinese trade resource from the US. I think I've finally got it to work (we'll see when I come to do EoT) but just wow. The program decided the best way to get the US resource to China was to ignore the Philippines completely, and use about a dozen CW Convoys to send a resource from mainland USA and send it around the world..... leaving the Philippines idle.... obviously.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 254
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/15/2020 8:26:25 AM   
warspite1

Looks like the only real option is to attack the most easterly part of the Maginot Line, give it everything and hope that is sufficient...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 255
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/15/2020 1:46:46 PM   
AllenK

Italy and Japan land as well. Nothing until land movement. Send me the file once you've done Germany's.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 256
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/16/2020 2:32:32 AM   
warspite1

von Leeb needs to move one hex NW of Marseille please but I need you to move the 5-4MOT first (I've left the German moves current to allow this). The PARA and von Bock also need to move SE of Cologne as per e-mail for rest of orders.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/16/2020 2:55:48 AM >

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 257
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 8/23/2020 8:41:19 AM   
warspite1

Nothing on sadly for this impulse - all aircraft used up and throwing a 3 and getting disorganised ended any options in Alsace. So boring but sadly so typical. It would be good if PeskPesk were to update the land throws chart he did at the start of the game....... Glad to see the Japanese are aiming not to get outdone by the Germans in the throwing dept.

I don't know how you are placed but in the other game if you get the chance to do the EoT for France and co I can try and get the EoT done this afternoon.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 258
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 9/6/2020 8:30:46 AM   
warspite1

Hi mate

Just wondering if you have had a chance to look at either game. I am probably not going to get much of a chance to look at the game today (6 Sept) but, work depending, hopefully can get something done in the week.

I am thinking of moving the Home Fleet to Alaska in case Hitler should try and trick us by coming via the North Pole. Thoughts?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 259
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 9/7/2020 11:21:19 AM   
AllenK

How about invading Norway to head them off at the pass? Better start planning for that by laying down MAR and PARA.

< Message edited by AllenK -- 9/7/2020 11:26:49 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 260
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 9/7/2020 1:16:03 PM   
brian brian

Gaming seems slow for everyone right now. I have a pbem move waiting for near 2 weeks for a response.

Everyone should grab themselves some outdoor time before the next weather roll...

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 261
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 9/12/2020 2:32:23 PM   
warspite1

Game 2

Nothing for the Germans (Land) until Land Movement phase.

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 262
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/9/2020 9:49:46 AM   
warspite1

The ultimate slap in the face - a turn that keeps going (no doubt for the Axis to end) and yet nothing we can really do thanks to ****** rubbish dice as usual....

Any thoughts? The only thing I was thinking was an air transport mission to the vacant hex near the Maginot Line? That will at least give them something to think about and give some help if we do end the turn?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 263
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/9/2020 4:28:31 PM   
AllenK

Why not.

I'm doing a Combined for Italy to try a bit of evacuation from Africa. Japan will be a land.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 264
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/10/2020 10:40:18 AM   
warspite1

Okay in that case you may as well do the impulse. The only orders for the Germans are:

Land Movement: 6-4 moves north east to threaten Lyons.
Air Transport: The Para moves to 57,34 and the Ju-52 lands on the same hex.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 265
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/17/2020 7:50:31 AM   
warspite1

Bonjour AllenK - any thoughts on Impulse 4? I think the CW will do a land and take out Rotterdam as part of the first phase of Operation March on Berlin. I've got my main man Brooke on the case so I expect to be in Berlin by impulse 10. They are going to wish they never meddled with the British Army....

I was going to do a combined but I understand that the land move restrictions affect what units can attack.... bummer.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 10/17/2020 9:08:44 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 266
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/18/2020 8:29:16 AM   
warspite1

Well we didn't get the first impulse on such an important turn..... I guess I never saw that one coming

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 267
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/24/2020 7:49:33 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Bonjour AllenK - any thoughts on Impulse 4? I think the CW will do a land and take out Rotterdam as part of the first phase of Operation March on Berlin. I've got my main man Brooke on the case so I expect to be in Berlin by impulse 10. They are going to wish they never meddled with the British Army....

I was going to do a combined but I understand that the land move restrictions affect what units can attack.... bummer.

warspite1

No rush but when ready can you let me know the actions and any orders up to movement phase for the French, Chinese and Soviets please?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 268
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/24/2020 1:01:45 PM   
AllenK

DoW Japan with USSR.

Combined for USSR, land for China and France.

USSR subs to China Sea 2 and 1 boxes. Two LND-4's to strat bomb Nagoya.

Thanks

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 269
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/25/2020 5:35:01 AM   
warspite1

In the other game let me know your plans. I think we should at least try and take out the MIL with a combined German/Italian attack.

I might as well use the offensive chit against the resource hex - no point delaying as the French are just so strong and that is only going to get worse.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI