Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe

 
View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/11/2020 5:06:24 AM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: brian brian

The dice will come around for the Germans

warspite1

No doubt, but too many crap dice early in the game for Germany and recovery becomes impossible. Remember, the Germans have been lucky with the weather so that will likely turn too - in the opposite direction.

This game accurately shows what would have happened if the Germans had not gone for Sedan and all the luck went with them. It's all about momentum and the Germans simply can't afford to be throwing sub 5 dice in Belgium/Holland and France.... and that's without losing her bomber force and pilots




_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 211
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/11/2020 9:03:20 AM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline
quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Well there really is nothing on for the short ranged German subs and I don't have an air force so all I can really do is shuffle a few units around.....

Let me know what you want to do with the sub i.e. CSV or elsewhere.


Let’s try the sub to CSV. I was also going to send the 6 range FTR to West Med 2-box, then react in the 2 NAV’s.


< Message edited by AllenK -- 7/11/2020 9:17:11 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 212
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/11/2020 9:23:31 AM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
So you want me to initiate in both sea areas? Do you want to roll the dice when we come to it or are you happy for me to?

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 213
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/11/2020 9:26:54 AM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline
Yes, both sea zones. Have a go with the dice.


(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 214
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/11/2020 9:27:58 AM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
Okay - I'll just to see what the CW want to do

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 215
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/11/2020 11:49:04 AM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
Do you wish to commit the sub now that the aircraft is in the 0-box?

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 216
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/11/2020 12:45:16 PM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline
Commit the sub. I expected the NAV to be sent there. It’s a gamble but worth a shot. Also gets the NAV out of the way from West Med.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 217
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/12/2020 5:38:42 AM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
Game 2

Can you let me know if you have any strat bombing, ground strikes or rail and I will then take the game to German movement and hand over after that.

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 218
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/12/2020 6:18:17 AM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
Game 1

The CW will have to do a combined this impulse as I need to move some Poles. I've mucked up the CW and US somewhat - partly through inexperience of playing the Allies and partly through the loss of that TRS.

So I won't be able to get a third unit to Antwerp or get the US resource to China this turn . Soz.

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 219
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/12/2020 2:17:08 PM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Game 2

Can you let me know if you have any strat bombing, ground strikes or rail and I will then take the game to German movement and hand over after that.


Just send the G3M2 to strat bomb Chungking, thanks. Land where it started.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 220
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/12/2020 2:31:37 PM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Game 1

The CW will have to do a combined this impulse as I need to move some Poles. I've mucked up the CW and US somewhat - partly through inexperience of playing the Allies and partly through the loss of that TRS.

So I won't be able to get a third unit to Antwerp or get the US resource to China this turn . Soz.


Main thing with CW is getting that CP to North Sea.

USSR claim Bessarabia. If they do refuse, I'll be sending every plane with a strat factor to Ploesti.

France combined. Send the TRANS down to load the Senegal MIL.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 221
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/19/2020 7:32:43 AM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
Any ideas? Getting toward the end of the turn. Normally I would try a free hit on factories but of course can't do that. My subs can reach the 0-box of Bay of Biscay but this is well defended. I can't see anything of value is on to be honest - although I could bring two units to Turin - or even one in Marseilles in a continued bid to try and swamp the south (and then hope we get initiative next turn).

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 222
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/19/2020 10:20:05 AM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline
More units in the south would be good but it looks like you would be stripping too much from the north. There are two more Italian units making their way forwards. I think we'll have to manage with what we've got.

Having a go with the subs isn't a bad idea. They can make the 1-box in Biscay or North Atlantic. The 15 CP's in Biscay gives a 20% chance of finding after the mods have been applied, Atlantic is 10%. In Atlantic, the mods mean the CVP can't find you. In Biscay, it's 10% chance. Overall, the chance of you being found is 20% in Atlantic and 30% in Biscay.

Italians are going to go naval to put a CP and escorts into Italian Coast and have another go in West Med.

Still making my mind up about the Japanese. Would like to put in one more attack, which will need a land to orchestrate but think I also need to do a combined to move a couple of MILS to Manchuria.

Edit: Think I'll do the combined. Let me know if you want to send the subs out. North Atlantic might be the better option for subs as CW can bring an Albacore to the 0-box in Biscay. Might be an idea to bring the NAV to Amsterdam to threaten port strikes in the UK. If not, then it (plus any fighters with 5 range) would be useful in the Med.



< Message edited by AllenK -- 7/19/2020 12:54:33 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 223
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/19/2020 3:54:32 PM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
Land for the Germans - nothing until rail movement please. Subject to what you are doing with the Italians the Germans will rail ENG from Warsaw to Liege and 4-4 INF from Warsaw to Turin or Marseilles.

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 224
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/19/2020 4:02:34 PM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline
Italians are naval, so no change in their land positions. I'll rail the INF to Marseilles as it's got 4 movement.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 225
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 7:28:10 AM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
Game 1

The CW will do another combined. With the fine weather the Poles are now on their last knockings. I will at least try and make Warsaw and Lodz as difficult as I can to take.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 7/25/2020 12:00:28 PM >


_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 226
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 10:46:08 AM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline
Poles are doing a sterling job.

France will do combined. There's a couple of naval moves I'm considering and there isn't much land movement needed.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 227
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 12:03:14 PM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
.


< Message edited by warspite1 -- 7/25/2020 12:11:28 PM >


_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 228
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 12:09:23 PM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
I've decided to move the French first and the 5 x 5 and 1 x 6 in Marseilles into the Western Med - are you happy with that?

Dunkerque, Strasbourg, Algerie, Dupleix, Montcalm and Emile Bertin?

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 7/25/2020 12:27:29 PM >


_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 229
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 12:12:06 PM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

So is that the 5 x 5 and 1 x 6 in Marseilles?

Dunkerque, Strasbourg, Algerie, Dupleix, Montcalm and Emile Bertin?


Yes please.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 230
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 12:51:33 PM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
Apologies for the throwing once again. You don't need the opposition, your team mate is destroying your navy himself....

Is it worth staying in the sea zone? If you try and fight through then the 1 is their throw and that could be UGLY.

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 231
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 1:30:25 PM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline
Stay in the sea zone.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 232
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 2:21:24 PM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
This is the last time I roll the dice for the French..........

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 233
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 2:27:20 PM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

This is the last time I roll the dice for the French..........


Well, it stops them from becoming Vichy and then falling into Axis hands if they collapse Vichy.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 234
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 2:29:02 PM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: AllenK


quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

This is the last time I roll the dice for the French..........


Well, it stops them from becoming Vichy and then falling into Axis hands if they collapse Vichy.
warspite1

Yeah I knew that - and that was my plan all along so there.....


_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 235
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 4:19:48 PM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
Remaining CW/US orders:

Land Movement:

1. Polish 3-2 in Warsaw to 50,47
2. 5-3 in 51,46 to Warsaw
3. 4-3 in 52,47 to 51,46

Air Rebase:

1. Hurricane I (in Dover) to Antwerp

Reorganisation:

Can you see if MacArthur can reorganise any of the three convoys in Manilla? Please do so - even if he can only reorganise one.

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 236
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 5:34:29 PM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
Is the revised game file okay?

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 237
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/25/2020 5:40:13 PM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Is the revised game file okay?


All tickety boo.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 238
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/26/2020 5:03:56 PM   
warspite1


Posts: 42958
Joined: 2/2/2008
From: England
Status: offline
With the British strong in Belgium and the Italians making progress, how do you feel about a declaration of war against the Swiss?

With better weather still to come I can disguise this i.e. I won't have to suddenly switch the panzers south.

_____________________________

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805



(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 239
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/26/2020 5:54:23 PM   
AllenK


Posts: 7200
Joined: 2/17/2014
From: England
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

With the British strong in Belgium and the Italians making progress, how do you feel about a declaration of war against the Swiss?

With better weather still to come I can disguise this i.e. I won't have to suddenly switch the panzers south.


Possibly but have you seen their starting forces? Will be quite a tough nut to crack.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:





New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI

0.160