Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 6/28/2020 9:33:35 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: AllenK

Hold Antwerp. Gives you the option of getting them back out as and when the line collapses further south. They'll be in supply for the remainder of this turn due to the TRANS but probably a good idea to put a CP in North Sea before the end of the turn if possible.
warspite1

Yes, I am hopeful I can get a naval in next impulse as there is quite a bit to be done. That depends on Poland however.....

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 181
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 6/28/2020 10:03:58 AM   
warspite1

In that last picture is it possible to swap the AA and the AT?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 182
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 6/28/2020 10:11:23 AM   
AllenK

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

In that last picture is it possible to swap the AA and the AT?

Wanted to have them that way but the AT gun didn't have the moves available. Will see if I can carry on reorganising next impulse (if we get one).

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 183
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 6/28/2020 11:15:29 AM   
AllenK

Poland looks good.

I'm wondering whether it will be worth ticking the 'include aligned minors' box next production phase and see if you can build the Polish 6-3 INF. You may not get it as it looks like other INF units are in the pool but you need them anyway at some point.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 184
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/1/2020 5:32:30 PM   
warspite1

I could do with a naval for the CW..... but I also need to beef up Warsaw in case the weather changes.... Ah the agony of choice. The two naval moves would then allow a reinforcing of the Med but would leave the convoys vulnerable.... Ah the agony of choice part deux...

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 185
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/1/2020 5:55:27 PM   
AllenK

France will do a combined. I'll send the sub to Italian Coast to have a go at the CP and then a couple of land moves. China and USSR will pass as there's nothing to do. I think I would go with your naval for CW. The weather next impulse is storm, snow or blizzard. It'll be unlikely we'll get another impulse.

The French could pass to boost the end of turn chance from 50% to 60% but with the weather being what it is, I don't think there's any harm in giving the Axis a slightly better chance of another impulse.

Thoughts?

< Message edited by AllenK -- 7/1/2020 5:57:04 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 186
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/2/2020 4:25:35 PM   
warspite1

quote:

France will do a combined. I'll send the sub to Italian Coast to have a go at the CP and then a couple of land moves. China and USSR will pass as there's nothing to do. I think I would go with your naval for CW. The weather next impulse is storm, snow or blizzard. It'll be unlikely we'll get another impulse.

The French could pass to boost the end of turn chance from 50% to 60% but with the weather being what it is, I don't think there's any harm in giving the Axis a slightly better chance of another impulse.

Thoughts?
warspite1

For the sake of 10% I would not pass with China if there ANY moves you think may help their situation. Otherwise sounds good.

I think I will do a naval then.....

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 187
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/2/2020 7:41:24 PM   
AllenK

quote:

quote:

Thoughts?
warspite1

For the sake of 10% I would not pass with China if there ANY moves you think may help their situation. Otherwise sounds good.

Okay, naval for CW, combined for France. Put China down for a land but I don't think I'll move anything. USSR combined but again, don't think anything will move.

I don't think any air missions are possible for CW other than rebases. Let me have the file once you've done CW's naval moves and I'll finish off. Just need to know if you want any rebases.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 188
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/2/2020 7:59:32 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thoughts?
warspite1

Okay, naval for CW, combined for France. Put China down for a land but I don't think I'll move anything. USSR combined but again, don't think anything will move.

I don't think any air missions are possible for CW other than rebases. Let me have the file once you've done CW's naval moves and I'll finish off. Just need to know if you want any rebases.

warspite1

Okay I will try and get something over tomorrow evening - or worst case Saturday first thing if work gets in the way.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 189
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/4/2020 8:15:20 AM   
warspite1

Game 2

Well that was unwelcome. I think that the Germans have little choice but to try and take Rotterdam - but with no +1 this could be a ****-show in terms of German losses and disorganisation. But if I can get 5-1 at least Rotterdam will be gone.

For Italy the hex nw of Marseilles looks promising.... That hex is vital if we want to try and roll the French from the south.

I think von Leeb, a DIV and a MTN DIV need railing to Nice/Turin - they won't be much use this turn, but then it will be a short one. I can get the white print INF across the border

Suggested moves:

Germany: Land
Italy: Land

Rail Movement
2-4 MTN DIV and von Leeb to Nice
1-3 INF DIV to Turin

Land Movement
South
Germany
6-4 INF Turin to 62,33
7-3 INF Turin to 60,33
Italy
5-4 MOT and 5-4 MTN to 63,31
Graziani and 3-2 ART to Mareseilles
4-3 MIL 61,34 to 62,33

North
Germany
Amsterdam: 2 x 7-4 INF
49,33: 5-4
50,33: 3-3 AA, 7-4, 6-3
51,32: 9-4, 6-4, 1-4
Brussels: 8-6 MECH, 8-4 MOT, 4-2 ART
Liege: 7-2 MIL, Rundstedt
53,32: 7-5 MECH, 2-3 AT, 3-3 ART
Aachen: von Leeb
53,36: 1-5 MOT DIV
Saarbrucken: 5-3
54,33: 6-3, 5-5 MOT, 2-6 AT

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 7/4/2020 11:05:06 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 190
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/4/2020 8:17:00 PM   
AllenK

Edit: Wrong thread.

< Message edited by AllenK -- 7/4/2020 8:29:34 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 191
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/4/2020 8:23:39 PM   
AllenK

Edit: Wrong thread.

< Message edited by AllenK -- 7/4/2020 8:29:56 PM >

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 192
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/4/2020 8:30:51 PM   
AllenK

Sorry about rolling low at Rotterdam.

Any air rebases?

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 193
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 7:31:12 AM   
warspite1

Hi - I said on my e-mail that there were no further orders for the CW/USA

LOL I wouldn't worry about apologising for Rotterdam - I think the dice know I am playing the Axis. Sadly once again I am producing scores that mean - unless things change, and quickly - the Germans simply can't win. Five throws now and once again my average is less than 5 (4.4) on a 10-sided dice. Add the 10 points on aircraft/pilots to the 8 on INF and INF DIV. I have cost the French 2 points for a fighter and the CW nothing..... Ho hum...stiff upper lip and all that... oh no that's the other side!

Shame about Italy - I assume blitz would have meant no disorganisation? But at least the south coast around the cities is clear and the French can't ignore the south now.

They have two decent units as reinforcements next impulse which I would imagine will go in the north and they also have the MIL in Bordeaux - possibly to bolster Toulouse? But there is a decent German presence too so...

Another good performance from the Japanese too

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 7/5/2020 8:01:34 AM >

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 194
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 8:12:14 AM   
AllenK

Looked on the AAR but forgot about the E-mail.

Blitz would have been not disorganised but also only a ‘B’, so the unit would return next turn. With it likely being a short turn, causing the loss isn’t bad. Shame about the oil cost. I only moved one unit into the hex so others can pass through.

German losses are annoying but despite them, the position is still pretty good. Better than the first game.

I think the Chinese are in trouble in both games. In game 2, USSR has put all planes in reserve. That’s a way of quickly shifting them east. DoW on Japan looming?

< Message edited by AllenK -- 7/5/2020 8:21:29 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 195
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 8:19:07 AM   
warspite1

When the dice are going badly, mistakes don't help. I wondered why you attacked at 4:1 when I amended my orders so that (unless exceptionally unlucky) I would have got 5:1 on Rotterdam.

Then I realised my amended orders weren't actually sent.... After I closed everything down I had a 'Reply to Message' on my screen. I assumed this was superseded and just closed it down without checking the forum to ensure the amendments had actually been posted. What a twat.

As it turns out with the fractionals you rolled it might not have made any difference - and it would have meant losing an ART if not.

As for the French - I think a loss of unit is better than lack of disorganisation (of course dependent on a number of factors) so its swings and roundabouts in the mistake dept .

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 196
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 8:24:24 AM   
AllenK

SNAFU.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 197
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 10:04:18 AM   
warspite1

In Game 1 the only re-base I am considering is a fighter to the Belgian coastal hex. The only purpose would be to try and make the Germans work as hard as possible (and use as many resources as possible) to take Antwerp.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 198
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 10:07:56 AM   
AllenK

quote:

In Game 1 the only re-base I am considering is a fighter to the Belgian coastal hex. The only purpose would be to try and make the Germans work as hard as possible (and use as many resources as possible) to take Antwerp.

Makes sense. With shore bombardment as well, it'll be a tough nut to crack. There's easier and closer to Paris targets elsewhere. As long as two TRANS can be ready, you may well be able to evacuate them.

With the fighter, remember, it might be half range to intercept but the Return to Base is at full range. As long as you keep a hex free, you can fly the mission and land safely back in UK. Assuming you still have air missions available, you could then rebase another fighter to that coastal hex and repeat.

< Message edited by AllenK -- 7/5/2020 10:21:19 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 199
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 10:27:41 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Makes sense. With shore bombardment as well, it'll be a tough nut to crack. There's easier and closer to Paris targets elsewhere. As long as two TRANS can be ready, you may well be able to evacuate them.

With the fighter, remember, it might be half range to intercept but the Return to Base is at full range. As long as you keep a hex free, you can fly the mission and land safely back in UK. Assuming you still have air missions available, you could then rebase another fighter to that coastal hex and repeat.
warspite1

Ooooh how very Battle of Britain ...well except its in Belgium, but you know what I mean....

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 7/5/2020 10:28:20 AM >

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 200
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 10:30:36 AM   
AllenK

Do you have a game 1 file still at land movement? Not to worry if you don't. The only moves were starting to swap the two French AA and AT guns around.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 201
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 10:32:47 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Do you have a game 1 file still at land movement? Not to worry if you don't. The only moves were starting to swap the two French AA and AT guns around.
warspite1

Sure, I have the file I sent to you. Is there defo nothing that helps the Chinese?

Otherwise I will do that. Do you want me to finish off the impulse? If so just let me know any other orders.

Thanks

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 202
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 10:35:56 AM   
AllenK

File you sent me as at Air Rebase.

Nothing in China. The moves I would have wanted to make result in disorganisation due to the weather.

If you can't directly swap the guns, move the 37mm to the resource hex and then move the 75mm to take its place.

Nothing further after that, so you could finish off.

< Message edited by AllenK -- 7/5/2020 10:39:31 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 203
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 10:52:48 AM   
warspite1

What about moving the 75mm ART to Reims to cover both the Ardennes and the resource hex? I'd like to move the DIV to replace it but we've run out of moves. However, there are still two units on the resource hex - just less of a Ground Strike target.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 204
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 10:58:43 AM   
AllenK

quote:

What about moving the 75mm ART to Reims to cover both the Ardennes and the resource hex? I'd like to move the DIV to replace it but we've run out of moves. However, there are still two units on the resource hex - just less of a Ground Strike target.

Yes, okay.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 205
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 2:12:35 PM   
brian brian

In your Axis game, Hitler should hire Badoglio. But Mussolini should hire Rommel...

That Axis should decide, now, what it is going to do in 1941, so it can decide what direction to turn when it crosses the Rhône soon.

The dice will come around for the Germans; they always do. But they are due to turn on the Italians perhaps. It is the challenge of playing the Axis - fewer combat rolls at the start of the game make each roll more impactful. The Allies don’t have that problem as when they are on the attack, they roll more dice and the bad rolls don’t matter as much.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 206
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/5/2020 2:15:42 PM   
brian brian

Was it your Allied game where the UK sent BPs to France? Smart play. The defense of The Rock begins on the Seine and continues on the Gironde. That 1940 French ART parked in Toulouse might end up under a Vichy flag, sure. But it might also make the difference for Ike to arrive in Morocco just in time to save the game for the Allies. Worth every Pound.

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 207
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/9/2020 8:57:13 PM   
AllenK

Game 2

Looks like we didn't manage to hold Wavell in Egypt. The Italian sub could have a go. The best it could get would be a 'D' result. If successful (50% chance), Wavell goes to the reinforcement pool but will almost certainly be somewhere in France next turn. An 'A' result just puts Wavell wherever it was intended to go. To get the 'D' needs a 1-10, 2-10 or 1-9 search in our favour. Lesser results in our favour don't have enough surprise points but would knock off some CP's. I have an alternate plan for its use in the East Med if we don't take this path.

The Allies look to be emptying UK to stack France and Belgium. It might make them hold something back if, next turn, you can get your PARA to Amsterdam, with the Ju-52, and have a decent INF at Stettin with the TRANS. It would take commitment of the Kreigsmarine to support it but a successful drop on Harwich or Dover would be entertaining. If, by the time it is in place the Allies have already deployed, it might be worth consideration.

Japan will be land to keep attacking in South China. Italy will be combined to make a couple of moves in Africa, the sub and a couple of air moves. Is it worth going combined with Germany to send out the subs?

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 208
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/10/2020 4:31:09 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Game 2

Looks like we didn't manage to hold Wavell in Egypt. The Italian sub could have a go. The best it could get would be a 'D' result. If successful (50% chance), Wavell goes to the reinforcement pool but will almost certainly be somewhere in France next turn. An 'A' result just puts Wavell wherever it was intended to go. To get the 'D' needs a 1-10, 2-10 or 1-9 search in our favour. Lesser results in our favour don't have enough surprise points but would knock off some CP's. I have an alternate plan for its use in the East Med if we don't take this path.

The Allies look to be emptying UK to stack France and Belgium. It might make them hold something back if, next turn, you can get your PARA to Amsterdam, with the Ju-52, and have a decent INF at Stettin with the TRANS. It would take commitment of the Kreigsmarine to support it but a successful drop on Harwich or Dover would be entertaining. If, by the time it is in place the Allies have already deployed, it might be worth consideration.

Japan will be land to keep attacking in South China. Italy will be combined to make a couple of moves in Africa, the sub and a couple of air moves. Is it worth going combined with Germany to send out the subs?

warspite1

I'm not surprised he's building up in Belgium, the German losses have been so steep and he knows that me pushing my best units against France means the British will be strong enough to counter-attack the Germans as they advance. I think our best hope remains in the south and trying to swamp the defenders.

I'll have a look at the game either tonight or first thing tomorrow.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 209
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 7/11/2020 5:00:46 AM   
warspite1

Well there really is nothing on for the short ranged German subs and I don't have an air force so all I can really do is shuffle a few units around.....

Let me know what you want to do with the sub i.e. CSV or elsewhere.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI