Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/25/2020 10:37:44 AM   
AllenK

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

In the other game let me know your plans. I think we should at least try and take out the MIL with a combined German/Italian attack.

I might as well use the offensive chit against the resource hex - no point delaying as the French are just so strong and that is only going to get worse.

Italy and Japan, land. Japan, nothing until land movement. Italy, agree. Let's keep nibbling away in the South of France.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 271
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/25/2020 3:11:56 PM   
brian brian

I always look at the attack on France as one of 2 techniques. The direct drive on Paris I think of as the Sledgehammer. Works.

Adding efforts on any flanks - the Alps, the Maginot, even the Channel coast vs. a weak or bypassed-in-Belgium BEF, as the “Pac-Man” attack as the Allies can only put weaker units on the flanks where they get gobbled up pretty easily, in droves. Also works. I hope you gentlemen are familiar with Pac-Man.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 272
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/26/2020 12:29:28 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: brian brian

I always look at the attack on France as one of 2 techniques. The direct drive on Paris I think of as the Sledgehammer. Works.

Adding efforts on any flanks - the Alps, the Maginot, even the Channel coast vs. a weak or bypassed-in-Belgium BEF, as the “Pac-Man” attack as the Allies can only put weaker units on the flanks where they get gobbled up pretty easily, in droves. Also works. I hope you gentlemen are familiar with Pac-Man.
warspite1

I'm aware of PacMan. Sadly, no matter what is put in front of the Axis, if the Axis continue to get disorganised early doors then they aren't gobbling up anyone . My dice rolling as the German player in game after game just needs to be seen to be believed. The allies are in the mountains too so....

But I need to stay positive. This is the impulse where it all changes and my air force will be knocking allied planes out of the sky left right and centre and no land throw will be less than a 9. I can feel it......

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 273
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/26/2020 12:31:57 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: AllenK

quote:

In the other game let me know your plans. I think we should at least try and take out the MIL with a combined German/Italian attack.

I might as well use the offensive chit against the resource hex - no point delaying as the French are just so strong and that is only going to get worse.

Italy and Japan, land. Japan, nothing until land movement. Italy, agree. Let's keep nibbling away in the South of France.
warspite1

Anything with Italy up to Land Movement?

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 274
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/26/2020 6:29:12 PM   
brian brian

I just came off my local pier where I was trying to catch a Salmon. I failed the Intell roll and ran smack into wind speeds about double what I expected. This had waves washing over my boots and rods spinning around in their holders, twirling the leader & bait around the main line. The roll for hooking a fish was then abysmal with the heavy negative modifier on it. I became literally disorganized (tangles) and forced to retreat to Home for some re-org points (Lunch). And then time for a new Intell report to plan my next expedition.

Your Axis just came through winter where you get low odds attacks and dispirited attackers, even when they push the French out. Soon Mr. Hilter’s best friend the Sun will be shining and it will be the Allied troops needing to make morale checks and hoping for a rally somehow with all their 6+1 leaders left over from the last war that was supposed to end all wars. Eat the power pill and watch the ghosts turn blue as they scramble around their broken lines. Start thinking about what you will be doing in Sep/Oct ‘40 - the big decision of the game.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 275
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 10/26/2020 6:57:02 PM   
AllenK

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AllenK

quote:

warspite1

Anything with Italy up to Land Movement?

Nothing for Italy until land movement.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 276
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 11/1/2020 9:14:05 AM   
warspite1

Okay thanks - I'll take it up to land movement (do the northern Germans) and then hand over. Best if you move the Germans in Italy in order to co-ordinate land moves - remember, we are not using combat friction so hopefully there is something we can do here.

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 277
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 11/7/2020 10:03:09 AM   
warspite1

Hi AllenK, do you have any thing for Japan to do for the rest of the impulse?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 278
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 11/7/2020 10:24:22 AM   
AllenK

It looks like the file I sent you didn't have the Japanese land movement saved. I'm sending a revised one.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 279
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 11/7/2020 10:26:21 AM   
warspite1

Okay

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 280
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 11/7/2020 11:02:42 AM   
warspite1

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 281
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 11/7/2020 11:15:00 AM   
warspite1

Do you have any orders for the French, Chinese and USSR up to land movement?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 282
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 11/7/2020 11:23:42 AM   
AllenK

USSR subs to China Sea 2 and 1 boxes. Initiate with the one in the 2-box. Two LND-4's to strat bomb Nagoya.

Nothing else until land movement.

< Message edited by AllenK -- 11/7/2020 11:24:07 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 283
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 11/7/2020 12:01:59 PM   
warspite1

I'm losing the will to live here..... Equal chances and once again I get trashed. 5 points to 2 and no chance at over running the aircraft in Rotterdam

(in reply to AllenK)
Post #: 284
RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe - 11/7/2020 1:54:41 PM   
warspite1

Rest of impulse orders

Only CW moving anything.

Debark 5-3 (IND) to Suez

Attack Rotterdam - maximum shore bombardment, Battle and lesser Blenheim with fighter from England to hex. Add FTR in Antwerp if the Germans bring in any FTR AND/OR Two or more bombers.

Rebase FTR from Antwerp to Rotterdam (if not used)

Any aircraft used to return to England.

Oh... and throw a 10 for the land attack please.

Thanks

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 285
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI