Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WW3 – 1985 – A project

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> RE: WW3 – 1985 – A project Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WW3 – 1985 – A project - 5/8/2020 1:44:47 PM   
Tulius Hostilius

We need some help for the scripts, and later for the AI.

If there is someone out there that likes the idea, has ideas and really knows to work with the scripts and wants to contribute, please post here or send me a PM.

(in reply to Tulius Hostilius)
Post #: 61
RE: WW3 – 1985 – A project - 5/9/2020 9:21:32 AM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tulius Hostilius

If there is someone out there that likes the idea, has ideas and really knows to work with the scripts and wants to contribute, please post here or send me a PM.

Happy to advise on event scripts - they are actually not that difficult once you get the hang of them. But I can't commit to writing any. (I am actually tempted to write a "how to" somewhere...)

Post #: 62
RE: WW3 – 1985 – A project - 5/9/2020 10:23:17 AM   
Tulius Hostilius

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

quote:

Happy to advise on event scripts - they are actually not that difficult once you get the hang of them. But I can't commit to writing any. (I am actually tempted to write a "how to" somewhere...)

Hi The Land,

Thanks, better an adviser that making them all solo.

I have been changing the 1939 scenario for personal use, and testing it in a somewhat dispersed way. But one thing is to change, other is to build almost from zero, and I am a bit "scared", due my lack of experience in this field.

I think that for 1985 the only scripts that are exactly equal will be the ones will be the ones that allow the Axis to pass Gibraltar (now converted to the Soviet Bloc) and the ones for the hexes in the Pacific/USA/Mexico/Canada to allow the players to move from one corner of the map to the other.

So, maybe we can do this together, I post my doubt, and you answer and then you can include that answer in that “how to”.

I think this tool that is the editor is being under used, I mean we can do almost any game out of it using the World Map. From WW3 back to the Age of Discoveries, with Spain and the Habsburgs fighting against France, Netherlands and England all around the globe; The Seven Years War; the Napoleonic Wars; the Crimean war; WWI…

Maybe we can use this thread initially for generic/basic questions: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4789903

And then PM/email for more specific ones for the 1985 scenario.

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 63
RE: WW3 – 1985 – A project - 5/9/2020 10:35:37 AM   
Tulius Hostilius

Furthermore, one thing is bugging me, and it is essential for the scenario how I envisioned it for now:

The scenario will begin with China and India as majors and just slightly pro-Soviet. But I intend that both can’t enter in the war on the same side. So at least one will change sides (it will have to be something like Italy in the 1939 scenario).

Is this idea achievable with scripts?

Edit: Also the idea is when one moves in one direction (due to diplomatic efforts), the other moves in the opposite one (with Pakistan also in the balance, pro-China, but that begins slightly pro-USA).

This makes the players think wisely if they bet their chits in China or in India, with all the consequences.

Not direclty realted but a similar thing needs to be done about Israel. When the USA supports Israel (that is a major) with MPPs, the Arab countries move to the Soviets.

< Message edited by Tulius Hostilius -- 5/9/2020 10:42:14 AM >

Post #: 64
RE: WW3 – 1985 – A project - 5/9/2020 11:01:29 AM   
The Land

quote:

Furthermore, one thing is bugging me, and it is essential for the scenario how I envisioned it for now:

The scenario will begin with China and India as majors and just slightly pro-Soviet. But I intend that both can’t enter in the war on the same side. So at least one will change sides (it will have to be something like Italy in the 1939 scenario).

Edit: Also the idea is when one moves in one direction (due to diplomatic efforts), the other moves in the opposite one (with Pakistan also in the balance, pro-China, but that begins slightly pro-USA).

This makes the players think wisely if they bet their chits in China or in India, with all the consequences.

Not direclty realted but a similar thing needs to be done about Israel. When the USA supports Israel (that is a major) with MPPs, the Arab countries move to the Soviets.

Majors switching sides is challenging - beyond what I've done so far but interesting to try. Different countires moving different directions based on decisions is fairly easy though.

I'm planning to do an AAR/guide type thread which should help!

Post #: 65
RE: WW3 – 1985 – A project - 5/9/2020 2:05:39 PM   
Tulius Hostilius

quote:

quote:

Majors switching sides is challenging - beyond what I've done so far but interesting to try. Different countires moving different directions based on decisions is fairly easy though.

Ok. Good to know that it is possible.

And I will wait for the guide! Thanks.

Btw, sent you a PM.

< Message edited by Tulius Hostilius -- 5/9/2020 2:06:10 PM >

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 66
RE: WW3 – 1985 – A project - 5/9/2020 4:43:12 PM   
The Land

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok. Good to know that it is possible.

And I will wait for the guide! Thanks.

Btw, sent you a PM.

I started it here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4810675

Post #: 67
RE: WW3 – 1985 – A project - 5/10/2020 4:27:05 PM   
Tulius Hostilius

quote:

I started it here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4810675

Thanks, I will follow it!

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 68
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> RE: WW3 – 1985 – A project Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI