Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Installs Only)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Installs Only) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Installs O... - 4/6/2020 1:52:04 PM   
Hubert Cater

A beta set of files is now available that fixes a variety of issues but most importantly the Soviet Corps and Army Combat Target statistics issue that was reported when v1.17.00 was released.

NOTE: All saved games are compatible, however, and unfortunately, the Soviet Corps and Army Combat Target statistics issue will not be corrected until a new game has been started using this beta hotfix.

To download, please click on this link below and then select 'Download' from the upper right hand corner of the Dropbox screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3e1nuk5wxz36pu/SC3%20War%20in%20Europe%20v1.17.02%20Hotfix%20Files.zip?dl=0

STEP 1 - Extract the files

STEP 2 - Select all of the above Hotfix files (ctrl key + left mouse click)

STEP 3 - Paste all the files into this folder

STEP 4 - Confirm replacement of files

v1.17.02

GAME ENGINE CHANGES/FIXES
- Fixed a surrendering calculation error for nations that reached zero National Morale and then had an obviously incorrect enemy country become the occupier (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed a naval unit spotting error that still allowed naval units with land spotting values of zero to spot inland.
- Fixed a right edge of the map scrolling and display glitch that would sometimes show units in the wrong positions (mroyer, christolos, taxman66).
- Fixed a combat error for some defenders that were receiving the incorrect amount of experience from an attack (pjg100).
- Fixed a spotting penalty error that could allow units to spot further than intended from customized edits of campaigns (Rainer).
- PBEM++ games can now be set to 'Disable Game End Date' in the OPTIONS setup screen (dcinlassen).
- PBEM++ in game chat messages now increased to a length of 140 characters from 130.
- PBEM++ server access and Refresh further optimized and sped up considerably.

All Campaigns
- Improved AI RESEARCH and PURCHASE scripts (Armuss)

1939-1943 Campaigns
- Amended Decision 674 for Operation Axis so that it has Italy’s #COUNTRY_ID= rather than Germany's to ensure it fires correctly.

1939, 1940, 1941, 1942 and 1944 Campaigns
- Soviet Corps and Army Combat Target Statistics corrected in all campaigns apart from 1943 (Etzel).

1939 Campaign
- Mobilization_1 script #NAME= General Surrenders To Axis (Italy?Axis) now requires Poland to have surrendered for it to fire (PvtBenjamin).

1939 and 1940 Campaigns
- The Yugoslav Coup triggered by the British Decision Event 104 now has an equal chance of happening on the 3rd March, 4th April or 26th April 1941.

1943 Campaign
- Reduced the land spotting of all surface combat vessels and regular Transports from 1 to 0 in the 1943 campaign (Markiss).

1944 Campaign
- Fixed an error where Italy was set to have Aerial Warfare Level-2 where the max for all countries is set to 1 (Armuss).

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 4/6/2020 6:02:41 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/6/2020 3:59:37 PM   
nnason

Hubert,
I want to understand is this:
1939, 1940, 1941, 1942 and 1944 Campaigns
- Soviet Corps and Army Combat Target Statistics corrected in the (Etzel).

the fix that changes the starting value of the Soviet infantry for hard targets for 1 back to zero?

And your support is amazing!!!

< Message edited by nnason -- 4/6/2020 4:00:23 PM >

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 2
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/6/2020 5:45:16 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks and yes, just getting the correct text there sorted out (will update shortly) but essentially the Soviet Corps and Army Combat Target statistics have been reset to what they should have been.

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 3
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/6/2020 6:03:00 PM   
Hubert Cater

Top post now corrected.

Post #: 4
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/8/2020 2:15:32 PM   
Gilber

thank you for the patch

Gilles

Post #: 5
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/9/2020 4:46:16 AM   
Aussiematto

Thanks guys, shame about my Barbarossa about to be munted by super trooper russians :) - oh well!

I still remember cardboard!

(in reply to Gilber)
Post #: 6
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/11/2020 4:47:10 PM   
canuckgamer

Just to clarify, are Russian corps now weaker, except in 1943?

(in reply to Aussiematto)
Post #: 7
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/11/2020 9:30:16 PM   
armuss

But is new bug: USSR Light Tanks upgrade have reduced Hard Defense Values.

Taxman66 answer is the solution...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by armuss -- 4/11/2020 11:00:46 PM >

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 8
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/11/2020 9:54:05 PM   
Taxman66

I see 1(1) at level 1.
Is that Light Tank in a urban hex?

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to armuss)
Post #: 9
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/11/2020 10:13:58 PM   
Fafnir

- Fixed a naval unit spotting error that still allowed naval units with land spotting values of zero to spot inland.

After this change naval units (except carriers) cannot spot adjacent land units anymore. Also the strenght level of ports are not shown anymore.
Before this change it was widely used to fire on land units eg. with battleships to damage them (air units which are not in town) or to demoralize them.
This is no longer possible until the land unit was spotted before. This is a very big change since this was possible in all previous patches/games.
Also not knowing the strenght of the port before/after attacking is very strange. To avoid transports I will need to keep enemy ports below 5.
How should this be possible if I dont see the strenght level of port with the ship which attacked it?

I am surprised that nobody else complained about that. Please change it back to the old way.

Post #: 10
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/12/2020 11:29:06 PM   
Taxman66

BTW, I'm now occasionally seeing Map clipping around Egypt (instead of before when it was the Persian Gulf).

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to Fafnir)
Post #: 11
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 1:13:48 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: canuckgamer

Just to clarify, are Russian corps now weaker, except in 1943?

No, the 1943 campaign was the only one that didn't need the correction.

Post #: 12
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 1:15:47 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

BTW, I'm now occasionally seeing Map clipping around Egypt (instead of before when it was the Persian Gulf).

Is this at default zoom, or at the first level of zoom? Also is it from scrolling east/west or from a north/south scroll?

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 13
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 1:49:29 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fafnir

After this change naval units (except carriers) cannot spot adjacent land units anymore. Also the strenght level of ports are not shown anymore.
Before this change it was widely used to fire on land units eg. with battleships to damage them (air units which are not in town) or to demoralize them.
This is no longer possible until the land unit was spotted before. This is a very big change since this was possible in all previous patches/games.
Also not knowing the strenght of the port before/after attacking is very strange. To avoid transports I will need to keep enemy ports below 5.
How should this be possible if I dont see the strenght level of port with the ship which attacked it?

I am surprised that nobody else complained about that. Please change it back to the old way.

Let me get back to you on the first part, we'll have to dig up our notes to make sure I give nothing less than the exact answer/reason. For the second part regarding Port strengths, it looks like the coding change has exposed a functional error here that I will correct either way for the next update.

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 4/13/2020 3:19:52 PM >

(in reply to Fafnir)
Post #: 14
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 2:14:22 PM   
Taxman66

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

Is this at default zoom, or at the first level of zoom? Also is it from scrolling east/west or from a north/south scroll?

Default zoom, haven't seen it at the expanded level, but I don't zip around the map using that much.
It occurs more often when moving fast/suddenly, or appears to at least. Could be confirmation bias.

I've not seen it (yet) with a strict east/west movement. I've seen it with North/South and with diagonal NE/SW movement.

It happens less often (again possible confirmation bias) than it did with the Persian area.
Then again I haven't played a game yet that required going to the Persian area very often with the new patch.

Older machine still using Win7 with Nvidia GTS 450 card.

Post #: 15
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 5:06:23 PM   
Hubert Cater

Would you be able to post a screenshot or send one to me? It would definitely help to see it in action.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 16
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 5:41:33 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Spotting of the port strength is now fixed on my end for the next update, sorry about this introduced issue.

For naval units spotting land units, I can't seem to be able to find the original thread on this where it was discussed in more detail, but essentially it stems from the idea that players were using cheap units to transport them to use as spotters of hidden enemy land unit positions, e.g. along coasts as well as on islands for the world map, and that it was also debatable if naval units in general should be able to spot hidden land units along coasts and on coastal positions on islands etc.

From memory it was argued it gave too much of an advantage to naval units in this sense, where realistically those units would only truly be spotted with air or by land units via overland movement or from being amphibiously transported and dropped off etc.

In the end it doesn't stop you from attacking these coastal units, they just need to be spotted first, and it helps to eliminate the "gamey" tactics that otherwise prevailed in these situations.

(in reply to Fafnir)
Post #: 17
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 6:21:12 PM   
Hubert Cater

Forgot to add, importantly here, that it also previously allowed players to sail up and down enemy coastlines to spot for empty resources to land an amphibious unit on, which was not very realistic and also considered gamey.

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 4/13/2020 6:25:31 PM >

Post #: 18
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 6:22:53 PM   
nnason

I would like to get a clarification on what happened to the infantry starting values:
I am playing with the beta hotfix 1.17.02. A Russian inf corps has the following starting defensive values Soft 3 hard 1, Lt Armor 1, and tank 1. attack values are Soft 4 and all others 1. The Russian player has a plus 1 tech upgrade so all these values are now plus 1 from their starting value.
I thought some of these values were supposed to have starting values of zero.????

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

Post #: 19
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 6:38:43 PM   
Fafnir

Well, it is really debatable if a naval unit should be able to spot a land unit, but it previously ever was and it has a big effect on the game balance.
Land units are save now from naval attacks until spotted by air force. So in bad weather they cannot be attacked at all.
So Germany can posistion all its air force on the coast for maximum range. UK would have to spot them with air units and will get heavy damage against the Luftwaffe.

The same situation happens in north africa where there are only limited 'save spots' for the german air force.
So Germany will benefit from this and the allied navy is quite useless once the axis navy is destroyed or damaged.
It can not spot for units anymore nore can it attack units if not spotted before.

I guess most players did not yet install the hotfix, so it may be too early to tell if that change is considerd as good or bad.

Post #: 20
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 6:39:59 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

I would like to get a clarification on what happened to the infantry starting values:
I am playing with the beta hotfix 1.17.02. A Russian inf corps has the following starting defensive values Soft 3 hard 1, Lt Armor 1, and tank 1. attack values are Soft 4 and all others 1. The Russian player has a plus 1 tech upgrade so all these values are now plus 1 from their starting value.
I thought some of these values were supposed to have starting values of zero.????

Could you provide a screenshot of the unit properties just to make sure I fully understand here?

That being said if indeed your numbers don't match up the only thing I can think of is that the hotfix campaigns were not properly applied?

For example, what you should see for a Level-0 Soviet Corps would be the following:

Soft Attack = 3
Hard Attack = 0

Soft Defence = 2
Hard Defence = 1

At Level-1 it would be the following:

Soft Attack = 4
Hard Attack = 1

Soft Defence = 3
Hard Defence = 2

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 4/13/2020 7:03:57 PM >

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 21
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 6:45:29 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Well, it is really debatable if a naval unit should be able to spot a land unit, but it previously ever was and it has a big effect on the game balance.
Land units are save now from naval attacks until spotted by air force. So in bad weather they cannot be attacked at all.
So Germany can posistion all its air force on the coast for maximum range. UK would have to spot them with air units and will get heavy damage against the Luftwaffe.

The same situation happens in north africa where there are only limited 'save spots' for the german air force.
So Germany will benefit from this and the allied navy is quite useless once the axis navy is destroyed or damaged.
It can not spot for units anymore nore can it attack units if not spotted before.

I guess most players did not yet install the hotfix, so it may be too early to tell if that change is considerd as good or bad.

Thanks for the feedback

(in reply to Fafnir)
Post #: 22
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 7:38:57 PM   
nnason

Hubert, Thanks. My start screen says 1.17..02

Screen shot attached.

Attachment (1)

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

Post #: 23
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 10:01:50 PM   
Hubert Cater

My guess then is that the campaigns were probably not copied over and overwritten. The MAIN MENU screen showing v1.17.02 just tells me that you've got the right EXE, but the hotfix was both EXE and Campaigns and a few other files.

Could you try again?
Hubert

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 24
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/13/2020 10:13:30 PM   
Taxman66

Fast moving North to South or NE to SW

On a slightly positive note: Using the <ESC> key and returning to the game fixed the clipping.
Found this out taking the screen shot.

File is to big will try to send to you via PM

Post #: 25
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/14/2020 11:55:22 AM   
PvtBenjamin

quote:

I guess I missed this. Are naval units not being able to spot land units anymore?. If so, this is a very bad idea that has major implications for the game. Entire parts of the game would need to be re worked.

Egypt is currently very hard to defend as Allies. If this is the rule you are giving the Axis Egypt. You are also completely blind on Sealion intentions. Many others. Again, if I'm understanding this correctly this is a very bad idea.

Large parts of the game are based on sea units doing recon on the shores, changing that messes up the entire game balance.

I can see transports not doing recon but All ships?

Added:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L_ZCpR8OBI

< Message edited by PvtBenjamin -- 4/14/2020 12:12:50 PM >

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 26
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/14/2020 1:31:58 PM   
BillRunacre

Can the Allied naval units not bombard Axis units that are adjacent to Allied land units, or visible via Allied aircraft sorties though?

If the naval unit bombards an enemy resource then it will disclose if the location is occupied, but not by simply sailing up and down the coast anymore, as this latter method was used to sniff out which locations were defended and which weren't, and it was both unrealistic and gamey.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 27
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/14/2020 2:39:44 PM   
PvtBenjamin

It's really an issue of that the way the game is played and changing dramatically impacts the balance of power.

The UK airforce does not have the strength early to stand up to the Luftwaffe as Fafnir points out.

Given this imbalance the value of UK air is marginal in Sealion (very marginal) and Egypt from a recon standpoint.

The game has no recon planes (Maritime gone) and minimal ground intelligence (especially early) so ships & subs replicate that.

Given the Naval dynamics subs are the primary source of recon. If you use a surface ship and there is an enemy sub there boom.

Honestly Sealion is also "gamey" here and the only way to anticipate it is using ship/sub recon, thems the rules. If you don't have it the game needs major changes to keep the balance.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 28
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/14/2020 4:12:59 PM   
nnason

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

My guess then is that the campaigns were probably not copied over and overwritten. The MAIN MENU screen showing v1.17.02 just tells me that you've got the right EXE, but the hotfix was both EXE and Campaigns and a few other files.

Could you try again?
Hubert

Hello Hubert,
Well, the mystery gets thicker.
I reinstalled the hot patch and then rebooted. I get two different results.

Attachment (1)

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

Post #: 29
RE: v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Instal... - 4/14/2020 4:16:43 PM   
nnason

Two games loaded within 2 minutes of each other. Two different results.

Attachment (1)

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> v1.17.02 Hotfix Beta - Now Available (Matrix Installs Only) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI